Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he had the same role for Ukraine that KDB has for Man City?
At least that was my take from seeing the games he played against Portugal, with Stepanenko as a DM, Malinovskyi as MCL and Zinchenko as MCR.

I think he played further forward when he was younger I have not seen him much if at all for Ukraine I might have seen a video of him at CDM certain some more knowledgeable posters said he played CDM for the national team thought he came to us as an attacking mid or was supposed to be did he ever play there for us ? So he could have played attacking mid for the national team at Lowe age groups

He is 3rd choice LB
4th choice DM
5th or 6th choice CM

I would rather sell him for any price.

How about £1.50?

If he played for Leicester, we'd be quoted upwards of 30m for him.

He will be sold, at the right time and the right price.

Can't believe we didn't take the 16million wolves offered. Having said that, I have seen him play for the Ukraine on about 3 occasions and he totally dominated the CM role, not sure why Pep can't give him a chance there! We get it, Gundogan was Pep's first signing here and thus has a special place in Pep's heart but this Pep-Gundogan love story has ran its course. Time to bring an end to the Gundogan project, play Bernardo,Foden, Zinch or bring back Luiz from Villa and play him there. The Gundogan signing just hasn't turned out to be what Pep expected and that's ok, we all make mistakes, Ppe has to realiz this and let Gundogan go!

FFS with the 16m! That was before the massive contribution at a crucial time in an epic season. That run alone is worth so much more than bloody 16m! And he is worth way more than that now. What is the obsession with 2017 accountancy?

FFS with the 16m! That was before the massive contribution at a crucial time in an epic season. That run alone is worth so much more than bloody 16m! And he is worth way more than that now. What is the obsession with 2017 accountancy?

I thought the bid was last summer but must have been the year before but even so Since then we have had Corona bought an extra left back and right back who can play left back and a CB who can play there and he has gone backwards or stagnated this year compared to last year he was good in both title teams so it’s not like last years win would have changed things much compared to the one prior o and everyone knows we need a left back and to sell to create space. We cannot get 20
Million for Angelino who might not be as good in our system or as versatile but would be home grown and is a better left back or at least wing back

What price would you put on Zinchenko ?

I could ask you what’s ur obsession with pre Covid pricing ? Besides I don’t think mentioning the previous offer constitutes an obsession

From what I can see, pre-COVID pricing only applies to players we’d like to sell and not to anyone on our target list.

As is always the case with us though.

I've said it before but if Bill Gates knocked on my door and asked to buy my car because he needs to be somewhere, I'm gonna double the price I'd charge a normal bloke because I know he's good for it and its not worth his time to fuck about.

We only sign players people know damn well we desperately need, and they know we have deep pockets, so we're never going to be signing bargains.

What is your point ? I was responding to a poster who said that he was surprised we had not tried him at CDM by saying he plays there for Ukraine you then respond to me by saying he is not good enough at left back because it’s not his first position city don’t need versatile players but players who are top in there position I take your point in that few players Are good in multiple positions and those that are tend to suffer in one of the positions and it’s fine margins but Pep disagrees in some respect look at our forwards and where they have played or our CB / midfield options or Zinchenko besides your argument is an argument for playing Zinchenko midfield rather than getting rid not that I was ever saying we should but I would like to try I was merely stating a fact that he plays there for Ukraine

my point was if he had a main role like CDM and only payed in that role then he could be a very good player
but being used at left back or winger means he's only going to be a versability squad player at best in this city squad
seem loads of times at other clubs a player that never settled down to one role and nailed it down and made it his own never goes on to be the player he could have been

pep has never been a top draw defences manager ? most all his teams had weakness in defence and you get the feeling he wants to out play and out score the others and will use versatility players at the back to get that attacking feel to the the team in defence ? wing backs/full backs are his keys to unlocking most teams and likes the speed and power down the wings ? sadly zinchenko was used to block up the left side rather than use it for attack

ok he's got a good shot and can cross the ball well but lacks the speed of recovery that pep likes to open teams up
playing for Ukraine in CDM is a shock to me ? but maybe their manager see it different and he can defend and play in midfield ? but not for me, he is a out and out old fashion winger and a versatility cover squad player as best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.