Oleksandr Zinchenko

Who could we sell them to though for the money we wanted?

There's a lot of flapping about Arsenal in my opinion, yes they are doing well but compare their squad and we are far ahead.

I could understand if we sold them Foden and Kyle Walker.
Maybe not quite as much (although neither of us know that), but imho could have got enough for them to still allowed us to sign Haaland? yes I think so.
Arsenal weren’t the only club in Europe who valued them as players. They weren’t even the only club in London iirc.
They were both part of our first team squad, played plenty of first team minutes, and were ones who most supporters wouldn’t be alarmed to see starting for us on any given matchday. As such, I’m not sure about the value of a Foden/Walker comparison.

And yes, the reason for some of the flapping imho is because they’ve got a manager who knows as much as anyone about Pep’s recipe for success, and added not one but two of the regulars from our team/changing room/training culture. Allowing those 3 elements together at one of our (near) rivals was poor from us, and I can see the evidence in the league table, and I’ll stand by that view whether they go on to win it or not.

Last edited:
Maybe not quite as much (although neither of us know that), but imho could have got enough for them to still allowed us to sign Haaland? yes I think so.
Arsenal weren’t the only club in Europe who valued them as players. They weren’t even the only club in London iirc.
They were both part of our first team squad, played plenty of first team minutes, and who ones who most supporters wouldn’t be alarmed to see starting for us on any given matchday. As such, I’m not sure about the value of a Foden/Walker comparison.

And yes, the reason for some of the flapping imho is because they’ve got a manager who knows as much as anyone about Pep’s recipe for success, and added not one but two of the regulars from our team/changing room/training culture. Allowing those 3 elements together at one of our (near) rivals was poor from us, and I can see the evidence in the league table, and I’ll stand by that view whether they go on to win it or not.
Pity they were wanting to leave.Nobody forced them out.

Naïve transfer business by City.

Arsenal have been the biggest spenders in England since Arteta went there and are only going in one direction. We've directly strengthened them like they did us in the reverse between 2008 and 2011.

I don't think that's true.

Who could we sell them to though for the money we wanted?

There's a lot of flapping about Arsenal in my opinion, yes they are doing well but compare their squad and we are far ahead.

I could understand if we sold them Foden and Kyle Walker.
Acknowledging Arsenals current excellence as a threat is realistic rather than flapping. They are undoubtedly in the race. Their lack of depth compared to us is balanced out by their not being in the CL. Will also depend on injuries. I prefer them to the dippers as challengers.

Arsenal are top through artettas last few years building a squad and mindset amongst them.

I don't think oleks going there or jesus is the turning point, and if they win the league it won't because we sold to our rivals, it will be because Artetta has done a good job.

Last edited:
Facilitating players wishes is one aspect that attracts them to us in the first place. Standing in the way of these two going to Arsenal, and making them either sign for another club they didn’t want to sign for, or simply keeping them on our bench for another year wouldn’t be a good look when potentially courting other players further down the line.
We got good money and good will on both counts and I think that stands us in better stead long term than simply refusing to strengthen a potential rival.

I loved Zinchenko at City, but when he signed for Arsenal he couldn't resist rimming their arse n' hole with his "this is a boyhood dream come true, because I was a massive fan when I was a kid" comment. Felt a bit Milner like to me.
What if he was though? How is it offensive to us? No different to Haaland and Gomez saying they were City fans as kids, because they were.

Acknowledging Arsenals current excellence as a threat is realistic rather than flapping. They are undoubtedly in the race. Their lack of depth compared to us is balanced out by their not being in the CL. Will also depend on injuries. I prefer them to the dippers as challengers.

It’s realistic short term looking at the table but in the long term I believe we will finish 8-12 points above them and everyone will be wondering what the fuss was all about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.