Olympic Basketball 2012

Ovo said:
MCFC1993 said:
Ovo said:
I have a strong dislike for Wade. I agree with you though.

I've been impressed with Mensah-Bonsu. It looks like him and Deng are going to carry this team in the Olympics.

Anyone who dislikes Wade doesn't deserve to follow basketball! Just kidding but he must be most like-able player in the league in my opinion and makes LeBron look the best player in the league.

I'm sorry but the most like-able guy in the league goes to Kevin Durant. Wade is a whopper. Flops around like a woman and then cries when he doesn't get the call. His favourite move; Shot fake to get them in the air, jump off them and release the shot. Sometimes in high pressure games we get an extra special flop too. It's a shame cause he can play. Sorry, I don't wanna come across as a prick, I just really don't like him :)

Lebron is the best in the world not just the league. Could easily surpass Jordan too in my opinion.

When I posted most like-able I must admit Kevin Durant immediately sprung to mind, but having watched 80% of heats games last year I cant see a problem with Wade' attitude, in interviews and what he does off the pitch he comes across as a top bloke and thats the same with LeBron although a lot of people cant stand him either. We'll agree to disagree, however I do believe LeBron could now take the NBA by storm now he has a ring under his belt, especially in that Heat team that just keeps getting stronger.
I'd say he still needs to surpass, Jordan, Magic, Bryant, maybe Chamberlain from what i've heard before he achieve that though. May be missing a couple of names off that list to but i'm not in thinking mode atm.

manchester blue said:
Just got back. Brilliant evening. Some of the field goals were amazing. Much better live and far more enjoyable and far more skill on show than a lot of football games. 2 tickets almost s much as a SC and well worth it to be so close to Bryant and co. Watch out for Joleon on the front row just in front of us.

I'd love to know from someone who was there- what was the atmosphere like? It seemed pretty quiet the whole game, and from my understanding there were many people there who were really getting to know the sport of basketball for the first time. Did it seem like people understood the rules and what was going on?

MCFC1993 said:
Ovo said:
MCFC1993 said:
Anyone who dislikes Wade doesn't deserve to follow basketball! Just kidding but he must be most like-able player in the league in my opinion and makes LeBron look the best player in the league.

I'm sorry but the most like-able guy in the league goes to Kevin Durant. Wade is a whopper. Flops around like a woman and then cries when he doesn't get the call. His favourite move; Shot fake to get them in the air, jump off them and release the shot. Sometimes in high pressure games we get an extra special flop too. It's a shame cause he can play. Sorry, I don't wanna come across as a prick, I just really don't like him :)

Lebron is the best in the world not just the league. Could easily surpass Jordan too in my opinion.

When I posted most like-able I must admit Kevin Durant immediately sprung to mind, but having watched 80% of heats games last year I cant see a problem with Wade' attitude, in interviews and what he does off the pitch he comes across as a top bloke and thats the same with LeBron although a lot of people cant stand him either. We'll agree to disagree, however I do believe LeBron could now take the NBA by storm now he has a ring under his belt, especially in that Heat team that just keeps getting stronger.
I'd say he still needs to surpass, Jordan, Magic, Bryant, maybe Chamberlain from what i've heard before he achieve that though. May be missing a couple of names off that list to but i'm not in thinking mode atm.

Wade is such a baby!

I absolutely hate lebron but the last month of the regular season and the playoffs kinda proved he's on the level of Jordan . He just has everything .

The thing I think that will make love and harden look worse is this is their first time being put on this type of stage. Harden doesn't even start for okc usually so he's gonna be a step down from other options . I love everything about the thunder minus when they signed fisher. I'm a bulls fan and even before the injury would swap westbrook for rose. Speaking of if rose didn't get hurt i wonder if he'd start .

Hoping GB has a decent showing though. I actually googled this a few weeks ago and didn't find much but does anyone know if they sell deng GB jerseys anywhere?

CityFootball said:
manchester blue said:
Just got back. Brilliant evening. Some of the field goals were amazing. Much better live and far more enjoyable and far more skill on show than a lot of football games. 2 tickets almost s much as a SC and well worth it to be so close to Bryant and co. Watch out for Joleon on the front row just in front of us.

I'd love to know from someone who was there- what was the atmosphere like? It seemed pretty quiet the whole game, and from my understanding there were many people there who were really getting to know the sport of basketball for the first time. Did it seem like people understood the rules and what was going on?

The atmosphere was OK, the PA guy was trying to get the crowd making noise but it was a typical British, reserved crowd. I imagine in America the crowd would be more enthusiastic. I think most people there would be basketball fans. Saw lots of people from our leagues who I didn’t know were going. I said to my son when we got home that the TV didn’t pick up anything like how good the atmosphere was. The best atmosphere was dunks being met with rapturous cheers and they were spectacular so well deserved. They also now how to put on a show. The time out and interval entertainment was good, those girls are much better than a fat bloke trying to kick a ball into a Vectra boot! The kiss cam was also good, TV panned in on two people and they had to kiss. Was funny when a guy wouldn’t and the person in front turned round and kissed her. Not sure how this would go down in the South stand!

manchester blue said:
CityFootball said:
manchester blue said:

The atmosphere was OK, the PA guy was trying to get the crowd making noise but it was a typical British, reserved crowd. I imagine in America the crowd would be more enthusiastic. I think most people there would be basketball fans. Saw lots of people from our leagues who I didn’t know were going. I said to my son when we got home that the TV didn’t pick up anything like how good the atmosphere was. The best atmosphere was dunks being met with rapturous cheers and they were spectacular so well deserved. They also now how to put on a show. The time out and interval entertainment was good, those girls are much better than a fat bloke trying to kick a ball into a Vectra boot! The kiss cam was also good, TV panned in on two people and they had to kiss. Was funny when a guy wouldn’t and the person in front turned round and kissed her. Not sure how this would go down in the South stand!

I noticed after a while how different it was watching a British crowd for a basketball game! The first time players went to the bench, there was a loud applause, which was strange to me since I've never seen that in an NBA game. Then I remembered that in football matches, it's kind of the norm after somebody gets subbed off. The camera did make it seem quiet here on American TV, but we did hear the crowd go nuts whenever someone dunked (they were LOVING Russell Westbrook!).

As for the game, decent from the United States, nothing more really. DWill and Carmelo were superb, LeBron, Anthony Davis (!), and Westbrook played pretty well too, but there weren't any guys who stepped it up after that. I was kind of disappointed in Durant's shooting, especially after the Dominican Republic game. Kevin Love does not fit with this team AT ALL. With how fast and quick the starters on this U.S. team operate, he just isn't on the same page with everybody else despite his size and ability to get rebounds. I think he'll need to be on the bench more. Kobe didn't shoot much. Chandler barely played and was subpar at best when he did. Great Britain's best players kept getting to the free throw line and made most of them, and that was probably the thing that kept it somewhat close in the first half for a while. I guess I was expecting a little bit better from the United States to start, although a 40-point win against a host country can never be too bad though.

For Great Britain, I was impressed by Deng and Mensah-Bonsu, and those two will need to be play like they did in this game if GB want to get something. Andrew Sullivan played pretty well. Joel Freeland HAS to be better, I was shocked with how poorly he played considering he will be coming to the NBA this fall. Great Britain had some good runs and put a solid, gritty team effort in, but unfortunately their depth is just not going to be enough to win them more than a game at best in the actual Olympics. Still, it's a good start for basketball in Great Britain; there's two NBA players (Deng is even an All-Star), and a lot of support there for the team. Hopefully all the games at these Olympics generate more of an interest in basketball in the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.