Omar Abdulrahman

CTID101 said:
Certainly seems very talented and would be fantastic to have commercially. He either didn't impress or like Biton we couldn't get a work permit. Who knows now UAE are starting to get up the fifa rankings we might go back for him during the summer and bring him to Hong Kong.
He turned us down, that's what i heard.

I will give you some interesting facts about him:

1-He was street player until 2008 when he joined Al Ain Club in UAE.

2- He is from Yemen but was raised in Saudi Arabia when a Saudi's scout discover him playing in the street and let him have a trial with the biggest club in Saudi Arabia, but then he had another trial with the UAE club and they offered him and his family the UAE citizenship + good offer.

And then the story has begun :)

Al Ain are well on course to win the Emirati Pro League. I think if they win it he will then sign.

Emarati*Soccer*Star said:
An absolutely WORLD class player. More reasons on why he didn't opt to join city even though he impressed in trial in the following article...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport360.com/article/uae-golden-boy-abdulrahman-has-world-his-feet?theme=mobile_garland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport360.com/article/uae-gol ... le_garland</a>

I know he's good player, but you're exaggerating with the "world class" status when he didn't even play in Asia Cup/Top European league/World Cup .. it's only the Gulf Cup mate.

as I have mentioned before, he got more in his locker, but needs to play in Europe to fulfill his potential. a start in Dutch or Belgium league would be good for him imo.

probably because we asked him hoping to convince him to join, also he was already in the UK for the olympics

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Why come on trial if he wanted to remain loyal to his current club???
To train with some of the best players in the world?

He came to City because it is his dream to play in Europe and especially in PL.

The problem is that the training period was short (only 2 weeks) and when he joined City, the first team had already finished all friendly matches and thus Omar Abdel-Rahman was given the option to play with the youth team.

So I think he did not get a real opportunity to show his real talent. I think also the talks about the inability for him to join City directly due to the national team ranking is another reason for him to reject to be sent to a small team in a small league. Omar has great confidence in himself, and he is working hard to develop himself and therefore he thinks hat he tdeserve to play for a big team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.