Omar Berrada to the rags | TLDR: They want to be us.

Obviously a bit of a blow to lose him, but not like it’s Pep or Txiki going. I’m sure he’ll be replaced by someone similarly competent and we’ll continue on an upward trajectory.
The oxygen level could be dangerously thin if we go any higher ?
The plateau we're on right now feels great to me, why risk it ?

Who remembers the story of Chicken Likken ? In short he ran around in panic telling everyone the sky was falling on them.
I was reminded of the story when I read some of the posts on here.

You can have all the front office fancy titles you want: Chief pioneering officer of Milky Way astronomical football particles but there’s one thing you will never have: Pep Guardiola.

If you look at the leadership team at City, link above, he’s way down the pecking order.
Don’t be daft, he’s played a huge part in getting the club to where it is. He’s earned the right to have a go at the top job elsewhere.

If you think HRH and Khaldoon will be pleased to see Omar Berrada depart for United then you sir haven’t got a clue.

He was the most senior executive in CFG after Khaldoon and Ferran and was in line to become our group CEO after Ferran calls it a day.
He's certainly very senior and has worked with Soriano & Begiristain for many years, both here and at Barcelona.

When City Matters started he was the lead from the City side so I know him. A very nice guy, quite quiet but thoughtful. He moved to be COO of Global Football Operations during lockdown and Roel De Vries came from Nissan to take over the Global COO role. I'm not sure I'd see him as a natural replacement for Soriano though.

I doubt very much whether he'd be considered as tainted if we were to be found guilty of all the PL charges though. He'll have played little part in high-level finance or legal decisions. i like him and I just hope he knows what he's doing.

Anyway, I'm told we're getting Ed Woodward in to take over his role so that's a step up for us.

The Prince wants a Kingdom…it happens. CEO at United is a big step-up for him, although their ownership/operating model may be a big challenge. He will no doubt retain a lot of affection for City and happy memories but these people are not fans and he will be ambitious for a top (CEO) job, much higher profile than his current role. As Khaldoon said, our people being poached is a compliment. Does anyone know if we have an in-house successor ? Either way City will have detailed development and succession planning for all the top executive roles. I’m not worried in the slightest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.