On the hunt for a £2000 luxury banger

hilts

For any petrolheads out there yesterday being Friday the 13th I drove my car into a wall so I need a new car. As tax for cars pre 2006 are cheaper and I only do 3k a year this will be my last chance to get a big engined petrol car. The insurance and mpg isn't a concern but don't want big bills to maintain. Thoughts on the below would be appreciated.

Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 v6(hard to find, reliability)
BMW 325,328,330 ci(would have to be high mileage)
Honda Accord 2.4 type s(high mileage again but probably as reliable as it gets)
Jag x type 3 litre v6 awd(pretty cheap and I like the look of them in sport mode)
Mg zt(change my mind on these daily)
Saab 9-3 2.0T aero(like the looks,power and price but not sure about going turbo route)
Volvo s40 2.4

Has to be manual apart from neither red or silver I'm pretty flexible

Go for the S40, great cars and with a big engine on them an enjoyable drive too, just got rid of my 97 V40 a month back for a 14 S40.

Go for the S40, great cars and with a big engine on them an enjoyable drive too, just got rid of my 97 V40 a month back for a 14 S40.

Would really like the t5 but about 1000-1500 short plus i am unsure about turbos, I had a Peugeot 406 coupe 3 litre v6 and I loved the lazy power, don't like ragging the arse out of cars, the 2.4 makes sense and is quick enough but never driven one

Audi A8 4.2 V8 you won't look back, auto only though

At least 4 grand plus parts would be a killer I don't want to buy one and a bloody sensor goes or something else and it's a grand to fix, the xtype has cheap parts(ford) so as long as the awd doesn't mess up

Would really like the t5 but about 1000-1500 short plus i am unsure about turbos, I had a Peugeot 406 coupe 3 litre v6 and I loved the lazy power, don't like ragging the arse out of cars, the 2.4 makes sense and is quick enough but never driven one
Wouldn't bother with a turbo, going by your mileage you're not spending a load of time on the motorway or driving round with a heavy load in the boot.

Read a thing the other day where a guy - a contributor to practical classics I think - who bought one of those MG estates as a hack and it turned out to be rotten too fuck at the back. Seems they are getting quite a name for rusting at the rear end underneath after about 10 years old as are X Types.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.