On the site of the Etihad in the past - and pictures of olde Manchester

You may or may not have seen these:
Im1924EnV138-p346a.jpg
Cheers pal , no I have not . I'm gonna tell my 85yr old dad to have a look at this thread when I get home from my holidays

Going through some old family stuff and got hold on my Nans Birth Certificate and found she was born on Thornley Street in Bradford in 1911.

I then used the link below and the geographoca 1960 map that can be overlayed on todays map and discovered that the street is where todays modern day Summerbees Bar stands at the Etihad.

Interesting to look at the map for others im sure so posted the link below.Shame it does not cover the whole of Gorton,if anyone has a similar map of Gorton to Denton can you post a link also.

http://manchester.publicprofiler.org/beta/
I'd love to see a picture of Chel st longsight where I was born can any one help much appreciated in advance come on guys help a blue.

I'd love to see a picture of Chel st longsight where I was born can any one help much appreciated in advance come on guys help a blue.

1gqj34.jpg

This is from 1965. There are another 13 from the Manchester Local Image Collection, here: http://images.manchester.gov.uk/ResultsList.php?QueryName=BasicQuery&QueryPage=/index.php?session=pass&Restriction=&StartAt=1&Anywhere=SummaryData|AdmWebMetadata&QueryTerms=chell&QueryOption=Anywhere&Submit=Search

Note that it's Chell St, with a double 'L'.

strangely enough, he did end up working at wilsons in miles platting for 20 years.
there seems to be a lot more photos on the Manchester Council Image Archive these days. That photo of Ryder Street is new to me.
Dad wasn't nostalgic for round there, having moved to Royton in 1968, describes the area as "bloody awful", and the cancer doctor said growing up in such an industrial area probably contributed to his death...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.