On this day 20 years ago....

adr2.8i

a certain young Georgian lad joined us and hence starting my affection to City.

Kinky is the single most reason i started following City. I watched him play for Georgia In Cardiff against Wales in 1994 and he was terrific that night. I wasnt really into football much back then, being Welsh i was more into rugby, but i did used to go to Wales international football matches with my mates. I sort of remembered his foreign name and then the next season when i heard that he had signed for city, i started keeping an eye out for him. And then gradually i started looking out for the City scores as well and its been up and down since then really :-)
He was my first City idol and will always be a special player to me. By the time we had sold him i was fully into City.There was no going back. I wore city tops when no-one else in Wales seemed to do! I got laughed at. I got ridiculed. But it made my passion stronger.

I remember watching the united v bayern champ league final in 99 in my local and it was jam packed with united fans. I sat there praying for bayern to win. when they won it i was gutted. But because they were used to winning, they didnt celebrate much. It was like "oh look we've won again, we are awesome we are united ". If that was city i would have gone mental! (hopefully i will go mental when we win it.)

We were light years away from winning anything major. A few days later i was back in my local for our play off final. There was me and one man and his dog in there to watch it. We won and i went beserk.....on my own. It was an amazing feeling.

As city fans we have experienced more ups and downs than any other club in my generation at least. in my 20 years we have been to the depths of despair (third tier of football league) to the highest of highs with the Aguerooooo moment. No other club has been through and seen what we have.

Anyway i just wanted to say my piece and mark my 20th anniversary as a City supporter and too say how far we have come in my short time as a supporter. I know theres many many of you out there who have supported the club much longer than i have. I never could have envisaged where we would be as a club now back then.

Thank God Kinky signed for City!

Here's to the next 20 years and many many more!

Its all been said.....still pains me that his career went the way it did.. Serious man love for this boy though what a wonderful player.....and feel lucky to have seen him play many times.

916 years ago today Jerusalem was captured and pillaged by the first Christian crusade.

Just watched this...loved him. Wonder if sterling could be our new Kinky. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.