One Deadline Gone

mcfc_nick

no more foreign players coming in from overseas! just in-border transfers now until 5!

I'm not entirely sure this deadline has gone. I'm reading different things in different places. I would expect to have heard a little more news from some of the rumoured european club-to-british club deals.

bluemilesy said:
the deadline is tomorrow (1st september) 5pm

ah, yes, the deadline for deals between British clubs is indeed 5pm tommorow. i understood the deadline for cross-border deals was midnight tonight, but, eh, I'm not so sure now. the papers are still talking about loads of deals involving european players and british clubs.

could it be, that most cross-europe transfers are still on. but no more transfers for non-eu qualified players (ie those with extensive work permits)?

bizzbo said:
I'm not entirely sure this deadline has gone. I'm reading different things in different places. I would expect to have heard a little more news from some of the rumoured european club-to-british club deals.

Only around the same number of deals today as on Thursday and Friday so it is pretty quiet. I've also seen a few stories suggesting that Prem clubs are hoping to tie up deals from abroad tomorrow. However, looking at last deadline day there wasn't a huge amount of action from abroad - only big ones were Robbie, Pavlyuchenko, Fellaini and Riera, so maybe there will just be the odd transfer (and maybe only ones that are already 'agreed' with the other country and can be ratified by the FA tomorrow?

Would be odd if transfers were allowed into the UK but not between other European countries. Euro clubs could sell to us but would they be able to buy from us? And if so, just from the UK?

You've got the wrong end of the stick, the European deadline has passed, but that just means that European clubs can't bring players in.

Only the team buying the player needs to be able to bring players in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.