one dimensional without aguero???

simon23

Team supported
ManCity
Are we a bit one dimensional without him?

It seems our alternative mode of attack is to put it out wide and throw crosses into a packed area....

I think our attacking options when he is not playing are too similar...dzeko and negrado are pretty similar in style and thrive off the same sort of service.

Maybe its just a personnel thing but i prefer intricit football instead of just a basic 4-4-2

simon23 said:

It seems our alternative mode of attack is to put it out wide and throw crosses into a packed area....

I think our attacking options when he is not playing are too similar...dzeko and negrado are pretty similar in style and thrive off the same sort of service.

Maybe its just a personnel thing but i prefer intricit football instead of just a basic 4-4-2

No if Jovetic had played in Agueros place it would be similar. And that combo with two CF will hardly play alot games anyway.

Nothing to do with yesterdays game...thinking more of how we have played with him and without him...style of play wise

We look a lot more incisive with him in the team but without we look like a very basic team<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:09 pm --<br /><br />Nothing to do with yesterdays game...thinking more of how we have played with him and without him...style of play wise

We look a lot more incisive with him in the team but without we look like a very basic team

I think once Jovetic is fully match fit we'll have better options.

The Negredo & Dzeko partnership isn't ideal, but perhaps Jovetic isn't ready yet to start twice in 4 days.

simon23 said:

You are aware that our goals with Aguero in the side against the Rags came from three balls played across the six-yard box and a corner, right?

As for the 'packed area' point, we put crosses into a packed area against Villa because that's how they lined up against us. We didn't really have the scope to counter like we did last weekend, as Villa were very careful not to overcommit their players forward (five of whom were defenders, with three combative midfielders sat in front of them), which meant there was little space in behind and they kept their shape at the back.

I do however agree that there is nothing to be gained by paring Dzeko with Negredo, especially against a three-man defence that has a spare man. You really need more vertical movement from one of your forwards, and for that reason Jovetic should have played in place of one of the two forwards we started with.

simon23 said:

Not at all. It was three mistakes - by the defence - the rest of the game we bossed.

weve scored 20 goals and we are one dimensional , give me strength , the only thing one dimensional is our diabolical defending , which pellers will sort out , in the meantiime DONT PANIC.

BlueMoonie said:
should two goals not be enough to see off a game away from home?
That's not the point mate. Imho I think its the type of goals we scored. All from set piece. We should be able to convert a lot more while playing teams live villa. (No disrespect to aston villa)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.