One for the book worms....

johnny on the spot said:
Macca, I have to admit I haven't read any of Ellory's books. Crime fiction really switches me off. I'm willing to give anything a go, however, and if I'm meeting Peter James next week, I suppose it'd be courtesy to have read at least one of his.

Did you have any luck getting hold of The Ghost Child?

Ellory grated on me after a while, but I still consider Candlemoth a fantastic read.

As for meeting Peter James....you lucky sod! ;-)

I thought his best book was the Roy Grace one that starts with a stag night prank that goes wrong. Dead Simple I think it was.

And I did check out the local library for "The Ghost Child" but they didn't have it. However, will try and get hold of it somehow, as it appealed to me.

mackenzie said:
johnny on the spot said:
Macca, I have to admit I haven't read any of Ellory's books. Crime fiction really switches me off. I'm willing to give anything a go, however, and if I'm meeting Peter James next week, I suppose it'd be courtesy to have read at least one of his.

Did you have any luck getting hold of The Ghost Child?

Ellory grated on me after a while, but I still consider Candlemoth a fantastic read.

As for meeting Peter James....you lucky sod! ;-)

I thought his best book was the Roy Grace one that starts with a stag night prank that goes wrong. Dead Simple I think it was.

And I did check out the local library for "The Ghost Child" but they didn't have it. However, will try and get hold of it somehow, as it appealed to me.

I might have to give Dead Simple a go then, I think we've got a copy here somewhere. By all accounts from my boss, he's a sound bloke.

If you can get hold of the Ghost Child, please do. It's a little gem.

I read dead simple not long ago, once you've read that, you'll want to read the other Roy Grace books.

Pearcey said:
I read dead simple not long ago, once you've read that, you'll want to read the other Roy Grace books.

Agreed. Don't really read Crime Fiction but that was a great book.

bizzbo said:
hmmm just one book....

cormac macarthy - the road

the most gripping, chilling story i think i've ever read. I intended to read a few pages before going to bed but didnt sleep until i'd finished.

Really? I now NEED that book ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.