one for the legal people out there - help needed

mikeyboy

cut a long story short, i've been given a verbal warning at work for apparently abusing my staff account (i work for a catalogue company).

all staff get items at cost price. i ordered an item same as usual 2 weeks ago on my online account and when put in basket my 'cost price' was worked out for me automatically as usual.
this particular item i now find out was set up with the wrong cost price. i've now been called in and charged with taking advantage of a pricing error!

i've stated my case and the union are involved but the people in charge don't seen to have taken much notice and i've been given a verbal warning which will stay on my file for 6 months.

gonna appeal tomorrow.

my point is how can i have taken advantage of a pricing error when i didnt know what the 'cost price' was in the first place? could be anything for all i know?

any legal people think i have a decent case here?

Speak to BB2.0 - he has a crack legal team on 24 hour standby.

All you need to do is make up a dossier on the situation and they'll do the rest.

I'm sure the union would have something to say about that though - unless you put the wrong price into the catalogue ;-)

cheers dave,

basically i not able to change any price at all. the price's have already been set up by someone else. basically i go online at the catalogue and it shows the same prices for jo public to order at. once i log in to my account online and i place items into my basket, the prices change to the 'cost price' only for staff members. this is what i did, but the 'cost price' had been set up wrong.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:43 pm --<br /><br />
Swordfish7 said:
Well it's pretty obvious. A 42" 3D television for £4.99!

lol it was for a vacuum cleaner which i have now been told today should have been £50.00, but i got for £5.00. they obviously set it up wrong moving the decimal point! don't see how i should get the blame tho!

daveduke67 said:

All you need to do is make up a dossier on the situation and they'll do the rest.

I'm sure the union would have something to say about that though - unless you put the wrong price into the catalogue ;-)

PRICELESS!

mikeyboy said:
cheers dave,

basically i not able to change any price at all. the price's have already been set up by someone else. basically i go online at the catalogue and it shows the same prices for jo public to order at. once i log in to my account online and i place items into my basket, the prices change to the 'cost price' only for staff members. this is what i did, but the 'cost price' had been set up wrong.

-- Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:43 pm --

Swordfish7 said:
Well it's pretty obvious. A 42" 3D television for £4.99!

lol it was for a vacuum cleaner which i have now been told today should have been £50.00, but i got for £5.00. they obviously set it up wrong moving the decimal point! don't see how i should get the blame tho!

it seems to me you would know the vacume would have not cost you £5.00

Come on you thought you were being a clever t**t but have been sussed stop crying!!

kinkysleftfoot said:
mikeyboy said:
cheers dave,

basically i not able to change any price at all. the price's have already been set up by someone else. basically i go online at the catalogue and it shows the same prices for jo public to order at. once i log in to my account online and i place items into my basket, the prices change to the 'cost price' only for staff members. this is what i did, but the 'cost price' had been set up wrong.

-- Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:43 pm --

it seems to me you would know the vacume would have not cost you £5.00

Come on you thought you were being a clever t**t but have been sussed stop crying!!

thanks, be lucky!

If the pricing of the item was "clearly" wrong, and you carried through with it... then the matter of trust in the relationship between the employer and the employee might kick in.

If the employer can't trust you, then they can claim that the relationship has fundamentaly broken down and is irretrievable.

I think this looks a bit harsh for what you did... but to be fair it's just a warning. It could have been worse.

Take it on the chin, apologise if necessary, and hope that the "relationship" can be put back to an appropriate working level.

I'm not sure I would advise pursuing it as it stands or falls on "trust" and it appears that your employer doesn't trust you after what you did...

Take it on the chin and move on.

daveduke67 said:

Personally, I would of made a dossier. I don't know if the OP could of made a dossier but if he didn't, he should of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.