One year today

Been on 20 a day for the last 20 years and I have promised the wife and kids that I will stop in the New Year. The problem is I'm not convinced in my own head that I will be able to do it so feel as though I've failed already so......ergo.......no point in trying! The problem is, like the OP, not overly looking foward to dying young and missing my daughter's growing up. I admire what you've done mate, it takes a lot of self-discipline.

Any advice from any quarters greatly received.

i looked at it like this..

how selfish of me would it be towards my daughter if she grew up not knowning her father as he died young through smoking.
i didnt want to die young not seeing my daughter grow up.

Thats what did it for me ^^^^^

it helped that they was clamping down on smoking at work and they've banned it from public places.

I no i could be run over by a bus tomorrow or still get cancer even if i dont smoke but thats no excuse to continue smoking imo...

allan harper said:
Since i gave up smoking. 15 years of being an heavy smoker i decided that i didnt want to die young and not see my daughter grow up, so on the 1st December 2008 i started my mission and on put on my first patch which i only used for 3 days then after that i was fine.

( i had 4 drags of a joint at liverpool ssssssshhhhhhhh )

how the weight piling on mate

r.soleofsalford said:
allan harper said:
Since i gave up smoking. 15 years of being an heavy smoker i decided that i didnt want to die young and not see my daughter grow up, so on the 1st December 2008 i started my mission and on put on my first patch which i only used for 3 days then after that i was fine.

( i had 4 drags of a joint at liverpool ssssssshhhhhhhh )

how the weight piling on mate

I did put a little on but im skinny anyway so it didnt show, not so much weight wise but my beer belly grew lol
anyone that knows me knows i drink a lot....

Llewellyn Dowd said:
Very well done bro, but leave the Bob Hope alone, that's what got me started again after 14 years!! Though I've now given up again for ten years.

Mate im the worlds worse pot smoker, 4 drags and im away with the fairys..

allan harper said:
i looked at it like this..

how selfish of me would it be towards my daughter if she grew up not knowning her father as he died young through smoking.
i didnt want to die young not seeing my daughter grow up.

Thats what did it for me ^^^^^

it helped that they was clamping down on smoking at work and they've banned it from public places.

I no i could be run over by a bus tomorrow or still get cancer even if i dont smoke but thats no excuse to continue smoking imo...

You're probably right mate.

Just realised that my previous post brought up my 'century' on BM so maybe that milestone is an omen for me bearing in mind the content.

Fook it!! Mind made up. Date now set in my head to quit.

Llewellyn Dowd said:
Very well done bro, but leave the Bob Hope alone, that's what got me started again after 14 years!! Though I've now given up again for ten years.

Mate im the worlds worse pot smoker, 4 drags and im away with the fairys.

well done mate 10 years !.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.