Only 5 hours to loan/sell Bridge Bellamy and Onuoha

Re: Only 48 hours to loan/sell Bridge Bellamy and Onuoha

Cityfan said:
Cobwebcat said:
Better get cracking Mr Williams.

If nothing done by Wednesday 11PM and, presuming we don't name them in our squad, I take it they can't play for anyone till at least the January window?

What exactly do they do?

From my memory of the rules if we do not name 25 other players and we have a player on our books who is elligible we have to name him in the squad, doesn't mean they have to play though.

No we don't, it's up to us who we put in the squad<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:59 pm --<br /><br />
FantasyIreland said:
I reckon all have loans lined up,Onouha may even get a permanent,i can't understand the lack of reported interest there as he's plenty good enough for a mid to lower team and i don't imagine his wage is astronomical.

His wage is pretty high I think, he got a new contract and large wage rise under Mark Hughes

Is Bellamy the biggest mercenary since Bogarde? He could get wages comparable to what he's on now somewhere like Liverpool (they paid Jovanovic over 100k/week and Cole likewise) but wants a pay-off too and City have refused.

-

Manchester City's Craig Bellamy is prepared to sit out his contract, despite being told he will not play by Roberto Mancini
Craig Bellamy is prepared to remain at Manchester City for the rest of the season despite being told by Roberto Mancini he will not play for the Italian again.

Bellamy has been refused a pay-off for the final year of his £95,000-a-week contract, but has attracted the attention of several Premier League clubs.

The Welsh international had emerged as a target for both Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur after City agreed to allow him to leave on a free transfer 12 months before his lucrative deal at the Etihad Stadium comes to an end.

Bellamy, though, is minded to remain in Manchester after he was told he would not see the final year of that contract - worth £4.6 million - paid up.

Even after Roque Santa Cruz joined Real Betis on loan for the season on Monday, Mancini's attacking options are such that Bellamy is by no means guaranteed a place in City's 25-man squad for the Premier League - due to be named on Sept 1 - though he is believed to be confident he can resuscitate his career at the club.

I hope we keep Onuoha, came through the ranks here and hes a good back up to have.

LoveCity said:
Is Bellamy the biggest mercenary since Bogarde? He could get wages comparable to what he's on now somewhere like Liverpool (they paid Jovanovic over 100k/week and Cole likewise) but wants a pay-off too and City have refused.

-

Manchester City's Craig Bellamy is prepared to sit out his contract, despite being told he will not play by Roberto Mancini

good for City. No way we should pay him out to play for Liverpool.

20sbc07 said:
I hope we keep Onuoha, came through the ranks here and hes a good back up to have.

Only he wont be,Mancini clearly doesn't rate him,so for his sake i hope he moves.

For the record i'd keep him ahead of Kolo.

20sbc07 said:

Good point. Shaleum Logan came through the ranks too, and might have been a good back-up if Richards, Zabaleta, Kolo and Stuart Taylor got injured.

FantasyIreland said:
20sbc07 said:

Only he wont be,Mancini clearly doesn't rate him,so for his sake i hope he moves.

For the record i'd keep him ahead of Kolo.

[bigimg]http://pic.phyrefile.com/p/po/polly/2010/10/04/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg[/bigimg]

Bridge & Bellamy have got to go for sure - Ned, Sweep & Vlad could all be accommodated in the squad in the 3 club trained vacancies

johnny crossan said:
Bridge & Bellamy have got to go for sure - Ned, Sweep & Vlad could all be accommodated in the squad in the 3 club trained vacancies

He's gone to Espanyol.

Really we should have got reasonable fees for swp, nedum and Weiss. But player power has taken over in terms of our sales. So season long loans with free transfers in a year or so time seems to be the order of the day.

The fact we turned down 6 million for nedum from Sunderland last summer opting for a loan and him having a great season only for us now to have to loan him again it would seem is absolute prrof that loans ruin your ability to get value for players. Far from increasing their value it actually ruins it.

I expect bridge to go to Newcastle or similar on loan with us paying most of his wages. Weiss has gone to espanyol on loan when Kiev were willing to pay us 4 million for him.

Qpr have apparently offered 2.5 million for swp it's been on the table for weeks. Seems to be holding out for a big pay off and free transfer to Bolton or Stoke. Bellamy wants a 4 million pay off from us and a free transfer to either Liverpool or spurs.

Nedum is worth good money he is a decent young English player. I expect Bolton to sell Cahill and for him to end up there on loan or maybe everton if they sell jagielka. I am not expecting a permanent deal and a transfer deal the way things are going.

We have made a fantastic start to the season and have signed brilliant players so if this is how the club want to play it fine there call. I will just stick my head in the sand on this one and pretend it's not happening as with badabayor to spurs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.