Only Connect - City Themed Questions

Anyone claiming to have solved that is a lying ****.

Probably.
I am not a City fan, but I started at it until the time ran out. Tried to link anything.

Then when I saw the solutions it all seemed so obvious in hindsight, always the way with these things.

Ah well.

Way too hard these. You need to have 4x different group category types rather than all the same. One of the groups should be quite easy to guess such as all managers of City or they’re all the same nationality (so have 6 possible names up there). The idea is the person trying to solve the puzzle can quickly guess 2 or 3 of the categories but has a few red herrings in each to unpick to properly group the answers.

Way too hard these. You need to have 4x different group category types rather than all the same. One of the groups should be quite easy to guess such as all managers of City or they’re all the same nationality (so have 6 possible names up there). The idea is the person trying to solve the puzzle can quickly guess 2 or 3 of the categories but has a few red herrings in each to unpick to properly group the answers.
I'm sorry it was too difficult for you. I understand the idea of these quizzes but my thought process was that if you manage to solve one group it could guide to towards the other groups as they are all similar. Thank you for the notes though, it's difficult to gauge how hard the quiz is when you write it.

I'm sorry it was too difficult for you. I understand the idea of these quizzes but my thought process was that if you manage to solve one group it could guide to towards the other groups as they are all similar. Thank you for the notes though, it's difficult to gauge how hard the quiz is when you write it.
I’ve tried writing them and always make them too hard tbh. It’s not easy. The setters on Only Connect are quite clever but they have 4x unrelated categories to work with whereas you have only one, City, so it’s harder to make it solvable if that makes sense.

Maybe give a clue as to what the categories are to compensate for the harder level. I like this game but want a chance of solving some of it. ;)

That said I have a terrible memory for City facts in general. Always have since we were formed as Newton Heath in 2008.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.