Only in Britain

And the price. And the lack of knowledge about what happens with the batteries after. And the fact that electricity costs the most and will go up because of the lack of infrastructure and the oil companies owning the charging companies.

Hydrogen is the solution. Trouble is no one will make huge money with Hydrogen.
Yep, it's all about making a quick buck, not about long term strategy, just a piss take.

Canada to announce all new cars must be zero emissions by 2035.​

Considering they can't normally organize a piss up at a brewery at the best of times, this will be interesting.

I'll put a tenner on it not being a seamless transition, even with 11 years to plan and put everything into place.

Considering they can't normally organize a piss up at a brewery at the best of times, this will be interesting.

I'll put a tenner on it not being a seamless transition, even with 11 years to plan and put everything into place.
Not a chance in hell

And the price. And the lack of knowledge about what happens with the batteries after. And the fact that electricity costs the most and will go up because of the lack of infrastructure and the oil companies owning the charging companies.

Hydrogen is the solution. Trouble is no one will make huge money with Hydrogen.
Mr Hindenberg agrees, a lot of testing should be done on these batteries before the transition to all electric vehicles as I expect to see more vehicles on fire at the side of the road and outside houses just like e scooters exploded on charging. Something is a bit dodgy with them and I would not voluntarily have one

Second hand cars in Canada are going to be at a premium

I've said right from the start that the existing infrastructure, both high and low voltage, is nowhere near enough to support the move to electric vehicles by 2035, and given the lack of movement in upgrading said infrastructure since the initial announcement of the target, it's pretty clear it will never happen on the scale suggested.

Suggest a course in animal husbandry for those under the age of 40

Britain is world champion at mucking up infrastructure projects. We have seen the cancellation of HR 2. Personally, I always felt that would happen yet for the last ten years or so just about every improvement to railways in and around Manchester have been cancelled on the grounds that HR2 would solve the problem. The trans Pennine route has suffered particularly badly, even new trains were cancelled in favour of Hydrogen driven trains, which of course are yet to be built.
Now we have a classic in wind powered electricity.…….. the windmills produce TOO MUCH. Eh?? Yup, we don’t have enough cables to transport the power from land based wind farms to the users. Most on shore electricity is generated in Scotland but is used in southern England. Nobody thought about this at the planning stage and we are about to build more on shore farms.
What happens when the wind blows strongly? Er, we pay the wind farms to shut down and we pay gas fired generators to start up. This costs every consumer about £60 pa and is forecast to rise to £180pa over the next few years. Why don’t we build more cables? Ah, not worth it as planning takes 15 to 20 years as the cables move through many different authorities. So nobody is applying to build them.
Net zero? Go whistle! YCNMIU.
It's HS2......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.