Open arms for new fans !

Great post green pennies.

And I do understand your take on things a little better after reading that, so thank you.

bluebannana said:
KansasCITY said:
bluebannana said:
we were really shit when pearce was our manager in 2007, so my question is your five years old then. Glory hunter :)

I meant City 0-Stockport 1 kinda shit. ;)

i've bewn a City fan since around 07ish

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

we got relegated in 98, seriously how old are you?

-- Thu May 03, 2012 5:40 pm --

you can already see proper long going city fans being priced out by newer fans and higher prices, just look at mary ds on monday the people watching the match in there should be in the ground. I pray we dont end up like the rags or liverpool where most locals dont go. Manchester city should primarily be for the people of Manchester, everyone is welcome, but the club should try and retain its local fan base or the club will lose its identity just like united have

I'm 16, i got the dates wrong, i thought relegation happened earlier than it did. My bad.

At any rate, i was too little to properly understand American sports in 98, let alone a sport half a world away.

i will tell you this: i went home and away with my school basketball team and we won one league game all year, so that should tell you whether or not i'll be there when we are shit.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

salfordpaul said:
these "foreigners" will probably spend more coming over 3 times a season than a native mancunian does in 3 three seasons.
This exact point.

For me right now, I dream of having the resources to come and see City play. I've been bugging my dad about it for about a year now (I'm 26 yrs old and live on my own btw), but it's the same with him. Were I a local however, I'd go every week. The added cost of flights, hotels and everything, tho, makes it hard to be a "proper" fan. So sorry for being born in Finland, I guess.

Didsbury Dave said:
New fans don't bother me.

They are evidence that the Sheikh's investment is started to reap dividends. He wants Manchester City, and hence Abu Dhabi, to be world famous.

I'm not arsed about the parochial stuff.

I know Manchester-born blues who go home and away, and have done for decades, who I can't bear to sit next to at the game. The reason is they just talk right through the game and don't concentrate. They are there for the piss up and sing song.
Everyone supports the team in different ways and there is no right and wrong.

You also forgot to mention that they leave early!

Digressing a bit, I also hate it when people talk during a match. Aside from the occasional "good pass", "no no no" and "YYEEEEAAAAHHHH" of course. ;)

Apologies if this has been posted already....:

AD20120502473821-Abu_Dhabi,_Unit.jpg

Popularity of Manchester City stretches far beyond England

If you haven't been to Nebraska, well, neither have most earthlings.
Nebraska sits almost smack amid the vast United States, 1.8 million people in an area 340 kilometres wide by 690km long, a population density ranked 43rd among 50 states. It has open space, farms, people who like open space and farms, a huge flagship university in the capital (Lincoln) and a pleasant largest city (Omaha, roughly 400,000).

To reach Nebraska from here, you would have to fly until you had iguana skin, reach New York and still have another three-hour flight to go.

In a country isolated by oceans and insouciance, Nebraska does not figure to have too many people who would grow up to feel profound gratefulness toward Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed....ctd

http://www.thenational.ae/thenation...-manchester-city-stretches-far-beyond-england

Timothy-Dalton+cropped

I think we should be lucky the "new fans" who have been in this topic can actually speak our language,and have some ability to debate...

Have a wonder over to the Facebook page of our club, where Thousands of Asian non-English speaking teenage girls (who fancy Kun) all have outright slanging matches against Bosnian non-English speaking middle aged men who fancy Dzeko

if or when City sign a Japanese/Korean superstar this is when forums like BM will be unbearable and look like a sea of characters your OS won't be able to handle

[bigimg]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/Hunmin_jeong-eum.jpg/220px-Hunmin_jeong-eum.jpg[/bigimg]

Had a bit of the usual banter today with the red coffee lady who's not to keen on my City mug. Her blue colleage chipped in "Yeah these Utd. Fans. All foreigners or catholics!".
Found that somewhat funny as I'm both... :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.