Operation One End...whats the latest if any news?

ChicagoBlue said:
Rather than being a "one off," it needs to be done PERMANENTLY, so that those who want to be in the South Stand singing are accommodated using the season ticket route. When we go away, the few thousand fans who are all placed together do a great job of raising the roof, yet we can put 40,000 in the Etihad, spread the singing around and get echoes, different chants from different locations, etc, etc, etc....and it often does not sound as good as a few thousand away fans who are ALL TOGETHER!!

It is STUPID!

Look at the noise a few thousand Napoli fans made....because they were concentrated in ONE PLACE.

The ONLY time I have had the tingles at Etihad that I used to get from certain games at Maine Road was the Hamburg game, which was like a home cup final! Hamburg fans were loud and City fans were the loudest they have EVER been at Etihad.

We need a South Stand JUST for City fans. Period.

It dosnt look like a popular choice at the moment though. So why fix something when it aint broken?

ChicagoBlue said:
Rather than being a "one off," it needs to be done PERMANENTLY, so that those who want to be in the South Stand singing are accommodated using the season ticket route. When we go away, the few thousand fans who are all placed together do a great job of raising the roof, yet we can put 40,000 in the Etihad, spread the singing around and get echoes, different chants from different locations, etc, etc, etc....and it often does not sound as good as a few thousand away fans who are ALL TOGETHER!!

It is STUPID!

Look at the noise a few thousand Napoli fans made....because they were concentrated in ONE PLACE.

The ONLY time I have had the tingles at Etihad that I used to get from certain games at Maine Road was the Hamburg game, which was like a home cup final! Hamburg fans were loud and City fans were the loudest they have EVER been at Etihad.

That's why they're listening to the fans and trying it for this game. It's in the hands of the fans who keep saying the South Stand should be for City fans only now, if you don't put your money where your mouth is and relocate they won't do it again. Period.

I'm pretty sure you can relocate over the phone as i have done so myself. And I called after the apprent deadline

ChicagoBlue said:

It is STUPID!

ageed and stick the away fans in the worst seats a corner or one end of the 3rd tier.

Just talked to someone high up in the club and they have noted the apparent apathy towards this. Why does everyone think there's a poor take up? The club are reading.

Didsbury Dave said:
Just talked to someone high up in the club and they have noted the apparent apathy towards this. Why does everyone think there's a poor take up? The club are reading.
because a lot of local City fans are not in the habit of going to games.

The stadium capacity limits the number of local match-going blues so there isn't a pool of supporters to call on when the season-card holders don't turn up

Too late now, but there should have been some kind of scheme to encourage seasoncard holders to turn up to these games. Once they've paid their £480 or whatever, that's it for half of them

Sell paper Tickets is City Shop on Arndale and make sure people know you can get them there. that would be one way to easily sell loads.

On the flip side of course these will be the only seats left come the predictable last minute rush Sat to Tues. Whether these people will be the singers is a matter for conjecture

and a leaflet on every other seat on Saturday telling fans that they can buy paper tickets for friends family workmates etc.

next time send something out in post to all members on the City database. Not everyone logs on and looks up ticketing info on City web-site

It's very poorly advertised.
If you asked people going into the match on Saturday
did they know about this 90% wouldn't have a clue.
Most people don't have jobs where they have access to a computer
and probably don't spend there spare time on the City website.
If it's not put on a plate for people generally they will not bother.

I would imagine there would be more demand for it the second time around
when people have seen it for themselves and think that's a good idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.