Operation Overlord

Every surviving veteran should be given a knighthood.

As should those who took part in the Battle of Britain.

Definitely the finest years in Britain’s history in terms of giving back to the world.

Very proud.

Also a special mention for our friends and allies from the other side of the Atlantic and the other side of the world.

A magnificent effort by the British people in partnership with our allies it made sure the end was nigh for the worse regime the planets possibly ever seen.

The organisation and logistics that went into that is utterly mind blowing. Could we do it today.....????? I dont think so because those men and women I feel were made of better stuff.
I tend to agree with you. Life, on the whole, was much more difficult back then even though it was a relatively short time ago. People were "harder" and used to putting effort into a task. Even something simple such as making supper was more difficult in many regards. There was no Xbox, no computers, fewer people owned telephones. Hell, depending on where you lived you might not even had an indoor toilet.

Kids played outdoors and many adults worked in hard(er) (compared to now) physical jobs. I read something a year or so ago that a good number of recruits in their teens for the U.S. Army lacked the strength and capability to throw a grenade in training!

Corbyn received short shrift yesterday from a veteran.

There was a meal organised for the veterans, VIPs, Heads of State and others.

The Labour leader told one of his aide's to go and ask if he could sit and have a meal with this one particular veteran.

His response was sharp - "tell Corbyn to fuck off!"

I had to stifle my laughter.

It was very humbling being in the company of these truly heroic men. Cherish them and their stories while they are here. They are well into their 90s now and may not be around for much longer.

One day they'll go and join their fallen comrades who fought so bravely 75 years ago.

Corbyn received short shrift yesterday from a veteran.

There was a meal organised for the veterans, VIPs, Heads of State and others.

The Labour leader told one of his aide's to go and ask if he could sit and have a meal with this one particular veteran.

His response was sharp - "tell Corbyn to fuck off!"

I had to stifle my laughter.

It was very humbling being in the company of these truly heroic men. Cherish them and their stories while they are here. They are well into their 90s now and may not be around for much longer.

One day they'll go and join their fallen comrades who fought so bravely 75 years ago.
It won’t be long until we lose every voice that was involved in ww2 first hand. Their legacy has been our freedom and the longest period of peace Europe has known. Please god that is maintained.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.