Opposition view: Aston Villa

without a dream said:
I do wonder if Damian does know plenty of City fans who hated what Chelsea did though? I loved it because they were another set of chellengers for the scum when we had no chance.

Same here. I know this is a common theme in these opposition views but I seriously don't know a City fan who begrudged Chelsea their good fortune becasue, as you say, without them it would have been an endless procession of Rag titles. Bought I might add as surely as we have. I think this is one of those myths that people like to wheel out to lend authenticity to their own opinions. Nearly as reliable as "a city source".

In a strange way i think many Blues welcomed Abramovich at Chelsea as along with Arsenal at the time it was more serious competition to the vermin, at the time i wished we had the money but i certainly didn't dwell on it one bit.

How can all these opposition supporters say City fans that they know were unhappy with Chelsea's spending etc. Then in the next comment say it's annoying that we have fans popping up here, there and everywhere. Surely if they knew so many of us when Chelsea were taken over we wouldn't have "suddenly" just appeared?

Do we really have fans popping up everywhere?, i would say that there has been very little change in out match going fans since we moved from Maine Road. There hasn't been a big increase in numbers through the gate and if we did have tons of new fans why are we still selling tickets for the Dortmund game?. I have seen some new fans at the Etihad but we are talking a few rather than thousands

Actually Villa did have a reasonable team a couple of seasons ago and were challenging with us for a top 4 spot.We bought Barry and Millner off them and they haven't been the same since,so they have a good reason to hate us if they do,lol!

I remember their owner being lauded as someone doing things the right way once in the media,oh how times have changed!

Happy Arry would do a great job for them i think.

I worked in Birmigham for a while so got to know both of their big two clubs and I realised Villa are the choice of the glory hunter and Birmingham are the true peoples club so I have no sympathy for them.

They are deluded fans on a level with Leeds, Forest and Liverpool they seem to think winning a European trophy ages ago somehow makes them a special club and the truth is it does not. I'm not too worried about tonight and if we play the right team we will win comfortably.

The dig about the money again had hypocrisy written all over it when they have spent quite a few quid over the years including 18m recently on Bent. Villa fans need to realise that City have experienced true hard times not what they are currently perceiving as tough times.

kiam06 said:
I worked in Birmigham for a while so got to know both of their big two clubs and I realised Villa are the choice of the glory hunter and Birmingham are the true peoples club so I have no sympathy for them.

Obviously the people who you worked with were Birmingham fans then

kiam06 said:
They are deluded fans on a level with Leeds, Forest and Liverpool they seem to think winning a European trophy ages ago somehow makes them a special club and the truth is it does not. I'm not too worried about tonight and if we play the right team we will win comfortably.

so winning the European cup means nothing then????

kiam06 said:
The dig about the money again had hypocrisy written all over it when they have spent quite a few quid over the years including 18m recently on Bent. Villa fans need to realise that City have experienced true hard times[/b] not what they are currently perceiving as tough times.

whats your definition of true hard times?? is it playing in the 3rd tier of english football???

Aston Villa have been there and still pulled in crowds of over 40k,
and 10 years after playing in division 3 we were Division one champions and european cup winners

i expect nothing but a Man City win tonight but in the words of Kevin Keegan
"I will love it if we beat them!!!...... LOVE IT!!!"

Touche Nico !
Don't think this bloke has done his homework and /or is very young.

i'm OK with Villa (but I hope we thrash you yonight ! LOL !)

dom said:
Touche Nico !
Don't think this bloke has done his homework and /or is very young.

i'm OK with Villa (but I hope we thrash you yonight ! LOL !)

i hope its not too embaressing mate

kiam06 said:

The dig about the money again had hypocrisy written all over it when they have spent quite a few quid over the years including 18m recently on Bent. Villa fans need to realise that City have experienced true hard times not what they are currently perceiving as tough times.

Obviously know nothing about Birmingham then, Aston Villa is engrained in many families like myself and if you live over the North of Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield, usually a bit further out like Tamworth, Lichfield, Burton, many people support Villa.

Nothing about "Glory" as we win nothing lol.

We're not unrealistic to be honest we don't expect top 4, don't even expect top 7 we just want a nice style of football and a decent cup run.

Just because we are proud of our history doesn't mean we are deluded either, we don't believe because we've had a successful history we have a divine right to win loads its just when you have had the taste of success you crave for it again....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.