Opposition view: Hull City

I am Hull born and bred...That is why I have supported Hull City all my life.
I love my club very much,much the same as the posters on the forum that responded to the survey posted by ric.
The views posted by a handful of fans are not representative of the majority of Hull City fans,many on the forum have supported Hull for many years and yearn for a return to the bad old days of administration,empty stadia and players earning less than them.
The name change is a very serious issue that has wide reaching ramifications for the future of football,not just about little old Hull getting called Hull Tigers.Apart from the name change issue and bad PR the Allams are supported and thanked for what they have achieved with us...and as some of your posters have mentioned the majority would love to have owners,like yours,that have invested such vast amounts in your infrastructure.
Good luck for the rest of the season...I don't have any love for your club but I always like to see the title finish with a northern club as winners.

Bilboblue said:
hullfan said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Actually anything posted here forms a permanent record and is therefore potentially libel not slander.

Putting that to one side you don't blame the "Big 5" (forget "little" Chelsea they weren't part of it and neither were "little" City)
for what's happened to English football over the past two decades? I certainly do.

There are other genuinely big clubs: Newcastle, Sunderland, Aston Villa, who are being deprived of
their chance of competing and doing what we have done by the way football is currently structured.
I've no sympathy for Everton or Spurs since they were part of the original cartel.

You've not been as vitriolic as others on the forum that's been quoted but surely you can see why we get pissed off
when we are blamed for all that's wrong with modern football? If it hadn't been for external investment City, Chelsea
and Blackburn would never have won the Premier League. Last year Liverpool would have broken the duopoly of
United & Arsenal and been the third winner after 22 years,

The whole set up of the Champions League only makes matters worse. In fact much worse with it's corrupt seeding.

None of this is our doing. We won the lottery, we admit it, why can't others even buy a ticket?

I'd blame Murdoch and the deal struck between English football and BSkyB far more than any specific club, which just seems petty. When the wealth in the game became so astronomical it was inevitable. No, I can't see why you'd get pissed off. We have to put up with people saying Hull is a dump who've never been to the city; don't know why you'd let it get to you. I haven't been 'as' vitriolic? I haven't blamed Man City for anything.

As I said, I would like to see more clubs who are less used to success break into the top regions of the division. I think the way in which Southampton have done so is more admirable than the way in which you and Chelsea did, but I wouldn't blame Man City for the state the game is. Certainly wouldn't blame a clubs fans, where would the logic be in that? Again I get the impression some people replied without ever reading what I've said.

Southampton?

You might want to read up about their outside investment that took them from League 1 to the Premier League.

Poor example.

You are still a tool.

I know all about Markus Liebherr and his financial support of Southampton. Their joint record signing plays for us, he cost about £12 million. To compare their spending to yours is laughable. They've made a net profit over the last 7/8 years, I suspect you haven't...

When I said it was more admirable, I meant the way in which they have developed England's best recent youth prospects and given them opportunities in the first team. If you can't see that what Southampton have done on their budget is really very different to what you've done with yours then I would suggest thinking twice before calling anyone else a 'tool'.

Ah the good old weekly chance for rival fans to have a good old snide dig.

Had he logged on as a member and posted the last bit he would no doubt have been given the boot.

What is the fucking point in this every week?

hullfan said:
Bilboblue said:
hullfan said:
I'd blame Murdoch and the deal struck between English football and BSkyB far more than any specific club, which just seems petty. When the wealth in the game became so astronomical it was inevitable. No, I can't see why you'd get pissed off. We have to put up with people saying Hull is a dump who've never been to the city; don't know why you'd let it get to you. I haven't been 'as' vitriolic? I haven't blamed Man City for anything.

As I said, I would like to see more clubs who are less used to success break into the top regions of the division. I think the way in which Southampton have done so is more admirable than the way in which you and Chelsea did, but I wouldn't blame Man City for the state the game is. Certainly wouldn't blame a clubs fans, where would the logic be in that? Again I get the impression some people replied without ever reading what I've said.

Southampton?

You might want to read up about their outside investment that took them from League 1 to the Premier League.

Poor example.

You are still a tool.

I know all about Markus Liebherr and his financial support of Southampton. Their joint record signing plays for us, he cost about £12 million. To compare their spending to yours is laughable. They've made a net profit over the last 7/8 years, I suspect you haven't...

When I said it was more admirable, I meant the way in which they have developed England's best recent youth prospects and given them opportunities in the first team. If you can't see that what Southampton have done on their budget is really very different to what you've done with yours then I would suggest thinking twice before calling anyone else a 'tool'.

1 FA cup
1 League Cup
2 Premier League title's

All in 4 seasons....

To be fair I think I know what your getting at, but the above illustrates what I would call success, whereas what Southampton have done is, well, erm, nothing. But they can have the moral high ground if they wish.

As for breaking even, we would have in the last financial period but for the FFP fine and I'm sure we will in the next.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
hullfan said:
Bilboblue said:
Southampton?

Poor example.

You are still a tool.

1 FA cup
1 League Cup
2 Premier League title's

All in 4 seasons....

To be fair I think I know what your getting at, but the above illustrates what I would call success, whereas what Southampton have done is, well, erm, nothing. But they can have the moral high ground if they wish.

As for breaking even, we would have in the last financial period but for the FFP fine and I'm sure we will in the next.

I think you do too really, so I'll leave it at that.

We are playing a 3-5-1-1 with no strikers today, just as a heads up.

McGregor
McShane Bruce Dawson
Elmo Huddlestone Livermore Meyler Brady
Ramirez
Aluko

That defence is astonishingly slow, none of them have any pace whatsoever. We've quite clearly rested a number of players for Tuesday's nights clash with Villa. We have 3 strikers in our squad, they're all on the bench.

If you win by less than 3 something's gone wrong.

hullfan said:
Bilboblue said:
hullfan said:

Southampton?

Poor example.

You are still a tool.

Southampton have been one of the biggest spenders since they returned to the PL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.