Opposition view: Sunderland

tidyman said:
Can't bring myself to say I like another club but Sunderland have always been one of those that I dislike the least.

Although I've met some decent geordies over the years, in general the mackems dont seem to be so deluded and up themselves.

Had some quality trips up there too.

That 4-1 win at Roker was a lively old day/night. Think Biggins scored a couple and of course we played them in the first proper game at their new ground. Shit result but another top day out.

On the basis that we seem to have bounced back from the few disapointing results we've had this seson with a convincing win and the fact that Sunderland are not very good at football, I'm predicting a convincing win.

Still not met anyone who has any idea why they suddenly started calling themselves Black Cats a few years ago though.
Mackem here in peace and all that bollox. I've had a soft spot for City since Colin Bell (born in the next village to us in Co Durham) at the height of his fame came in his flash sports car to open our junior school summer fair (yup -shows my age) and was great with us kids. Also, two of my best days supporting Sunderland - a match at Maine Rd in 91 (even tho it relegated us) and the FAC 5th rnd replay at Roker in 73 - involve City. Personally, I'd rather see yous win the league than any of the others.

Seen some posts on here saying this is our cup final (no, it's a tough home match against another top 4 club) and that we'll park the bus (maybe, but I don't expect it from MON) but the reality is we'll probably try and play and will probably lose but as today's results show you can never totally rule out getting a result.

BTW I had black cat badges as a kid in the 60s and I've seen stuff from the 30s with black cats on so it's not new, but was only made an 'official' nickname a few years back. It's something to do with a battery of guns called the Black Cat battery which used to be at the harbour entrance.

Gonna take some videos on my iPhone of the city fans today from the Sunderland section.

Make it loud and I will post on here when I get home.. :-))

Kun Aguero said:
Ric looks cooler than I expected ;)
Lol I just seen that as well!! Amazing when u read it was only meant to be online for a week!! Well done ric, the forum is a credit to you mate!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.