Opt out of Forums - user preference

• Thread starter Deleted member 58619
  • Start date
D D

Deleted member 58619

Is it possible to opt out of certain forums?
If not can we make this a potential enhancement to the site.

I think this would be useful and save lots of arguments.
Some topics can be very emotive and cause arguments.

I and I assume others would rather not discuss these topics but when you see them listed you may feel compelled to comment: be that to protect the people you feel are being continually vindicated or for other reasons.

Topics about religion and politics are examples of threads that can cause arguments.

It would be great if you could choose to opt out of Cellar so that the only content that you could view was football related. I know we should just be able to ignore these discussions but I'm not sure we are programmed as humans to do this.

I think this would be administered best if all users were opted in by default with the option to opt out of certain forums. If done this way then there would be no additional overhead for the mods.

I'm sure Damocles or one of the more techie minded mods would be able to advise if this can be implemented easily.
If further assistance was required then I would be willing to investigate how to do this.

Bit awkward to do when it's quite simple for the user to simply ignore them. If you don't feel like you can add anything constructive, don't click it?

So if you don't want to view any threads in the cellar for instance you want the option to not be able to view it?

Can you seriously not see how dumb that idea is?

ColinLee said:
So if you don't want to view any threads in the cellar for instance you want the option to not be able to view it?

Can you seriously not see how dumb that idea is?

no most people will use the View new posts button when browsing the Forum not the Board Index.

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
Is it possible to opt out of certain forums?
If not can we make this a potential enhancement to the site.

I think this would be useful and save lots of arguments.
Some topics can be very emotive and cause arguments.

I and I assume others would rather not discuss these topics but when you see them listed you may feel compelled to comment: be that to protect the people you feel are being continually vindicated or for other reasons.

Topics about religion and politics are examples of threads that can cause arguments.

It would be great if you could choose to opt out of Cellar so that the only content that you could view was football related. I know we should just be able to ignore these discussions but I'm not sure we are programmed as humans to do this.

I think this would be administered best if all users were opted in by default with the option to opt out of certain forums. If done this way then there would be no additional overhead for the mods.

I'm sure Damocles or one of the more techie minded mods would be able to advise if this can be implemented easily.
If further assistance was required then I would be willing to investigate how to do this.

People who are continually vindicated need very little protection chum, they've won the argument and can go for a nice soapy wank in the bath.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.