Orri Oskarsson?

Further off topic but as it looks like a boring end to a dull window here goes. This naming system won't fit in with the educational authorities in Vermont. In the interests of "equity" parents are now advised to stop using the terms son or daughter and stick to kid or child. So which sounds better Orri Oskarskid or Oscarschild!
In Iceland the daughter surname becomes daughter of ”father’s name”. So if Orri had a sister it would be formexample Anna Oskarsdottir.

Suppose the Vikings need to update now for it to work with gender neutrals :-)

Orri Oskarsþeir

In Iceland the daughter surname becomes daughter of ”father’s name”. So if Orri had a sister it would be formexample Anna Oskarsdottir.

Suppose the Vikings need to update now for it to work with gender neutrals :-)

Orri Oskarsþeir
In Ireland a daughter was Ní and a son Ó so for example Máiréad Ní Mhurhcú or Séan Ó Murchú.

I'm getting itchy thinking of learning Irish in school. Brrrrr..... (Fuck you Mr Cromwell. I blame him for everything bad in Ireland. Like our weather would be grand if it wasn't for fuckin Cromwell years ago.)

Last edited:
I saw he made his debut at 13 which alerted my spidy senses & saw his dad was the coach. I see it all the time here in Oz & they should be sacked on the spot. I’ve no problem with blooding youth but I have a problem with head coaches blooding their own kids which isn’t their job.

I saw he made his debut at 13 which alerted my spidy senses & saw his dad was the coach. I see it all the time here in Oz & they should be sacked on the spot. I’ve no problem with blooding youth but I have a problem with head coaches blooding their own kids which isn’t their job.
Think that would have been for Grotta in Iceland, who play in a town with a population of under 5,000. I understand your point but I think the story sounds grander than the reality.

Think that would have been for Grotta in Iceland, who play in a town with a population of under 5,000. I understand your point but I think the story sounds grander than the reality.
I've just googled it, it was playing in the 3rd tier of Icelandic football and he scored 2 off the bench so he was clearly good enough. A year later he was signed by Copenhagen.

Last edited:
I've just googled it, it was playing in the 3rd tier of Icelandic football and he scored 2 off the bench so he was clearly good enough. A year later he was signed by Copenhagen.

How many 13 year olds are given a professional mens game when it’s not their son? Haaland & Rooney were 16.

How many 13 year olds are given a professional mens game when it’s not their son? Haaland & Rooney were 16.
It's the Icelandic 3rd division it's not comparable in any way what so ever to the Premier league. He scored two off the bench so clearly he was good enough to play at that level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.