BlueDejong

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...vid-Platt-is-lined-up-for-Eastlands-role.html

Former Nottingham Forest boss David Platt is being lined up for a return to football at Manchester City.

The Sun says Platt is wanted as Roberto Mancini's No 2.

The former Aston Villa and Juventus star, 44, has been pals with the Manchester City boss since they played at Sampdoria.

Platt actually kicked off his pro career at City's bitter rivals Manchester United.

MCFC OS said:
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2010/July/David-Platt-joins-Manchester-City-coaching-team

Roberto Mancini has strengthened his backroom team with the addition of David Platt to City’s coaching staff.

The former England international, capped 62 times by his country, joins the Club in time for the start of pre-season training next Monday.

Platt will become first team coach at City, and become the latest addition to Mancini’s experienced staff, working alongside assistant manager Brian Kidd and coach Fausto Salsano.

He spent several years in Italy in the 1990s and played alongside Mancini for Sampdoria, where under the tutelage of Sven-Goran Eriksson they helped the Genoese club lift the Coppa Italia in 1994.

Since calling time on his playing career he has managed Nottingham Forest and the England Under 21 side, while more recently he has stayed close to the game by working in the media.

The Manager is delighted that 44-year-old Platt has joined City’s first team coaching set-up, and he says,

“David brings a wealth of experience to his role as coach here at City, and he will enhance what is already an excellent team of staff at the club. We had a great relationship as team mates many years ago and I know he will make an important contribution to the club.

“Having David here at the start of pre-season training was an important factor, and I am very pleased that the coaching team will be in place as we prepare for the start of an exciting campaign.”

Re: David Platt to join Mancity!?

This story was doing the rounds as soon as Mancini was appointed. I suppose it's possible but it's probably just The Sun making up shit as usual.

A million times no. Someone tell Mancini that this is NOT a good idea.

Khaldoon, if you're reading this, the City fans HATE Platt with a passion. As a self confessed "Dyed in the wool red" he uses any opportunity to criticise City.

The fans would turn against Mancini if this happened.

We can only hope that this is some kind of joke, of the type Ono inflicted on the rag board.

Didnt Platt do ok with the u21's? Hope not thought, most of what comes out of that "paper" is utter bullsh*t

I hate the arrogant top hat! I once took a fella to the city v Liverpool 0-0 draw at home a few seasons back (when johnno was the next colin bell) after I won two tickets off key 103, the guy I took had never been to city before and he had 6week to live, on the way he was saying how his hero was David platt, low and behold we went into the ground an there was sat David platt, doing sum pundit thing for god knows who, so I took the fella over who tried to shake his hand an get an autograph and he looked at us and turned away, fcukin top class arrogant no mark, please do not bring the tw@t to city!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.