OS interviewer

ManCitizens. said:
I would agree that he isn't the best but why do some people assume he puts decides what questions will be asked? Do people not understand that there is a PR team that simply tell him to deliver (in his case, not very well) the questions that are put together?

If his voice/ the way he asks the questions is the problem then fair enough but the majority seem to be complaining about the questions being asked. If that's the case it won't be his fault.

The interviewers always come up with their own questions, know from the experience myself.

Ric said:
I don't really understand why people get so wound up by this. He's obviously not to everyone's taste, but some of the abuse he gets is harsh.

They're always going to be fairly banal, gentle interviews for the club site. What do you want, Parkinson or Paxman?

Ric's real name - David Clayton - finally comes to the fore.

Ric said:
I don't really understand why people get so wound up by this. He's obviously not to everyone's taste, but some of the abuse he gets is harsh.

They're always going to be fairly banal, gentle interviews for the club site. What do you want, Parkinson or Paxman?

Pretty much my thoughts too, it's meant to be an inoffensive, non threatening and light introduction to the club and fans, not a grilling, so I think he fits the bill fine.

The players look really uncomfortable when they answer the questions as they look puzzled as to why they been asked this question..

If they dont want to bring a big name in, i think Natalie Pike would be good with a bit more experience, although it would also be better if they got someone to prepare the questions.

That Danny bloke would be a definate no no..

Dirty Harry said:
Ric said:

Pretty much my thoughts too, it's meant to be an inoffensive, non threatening and light introduction to the club and fans, not a grilling, so I think he fits the bill fine.

Time for some fans to get a life outside of city they have time to worry about the
Interviewer from the site!!! There is only a certain number of questions you can ask,
The players all give decent explanations so although he doesn't
Sound great he gets the job done, end of !!

If anyone feels they can do better do what he did apply for it ...
By the way we signed 5 new players yesterday ?

he seems a nice guy, but is terribly out of his depth. agree with the majority, his interviews are cringeworthy.

The extremely annoying thing is, we actually have a very good interviewer already at the club in Chris Bailey, yet they persist with this buffoon.

MCFC-alan88 said:
The extremely annoying thing is, we actually have a very good interviewer already at the club in Chris Bailey, yet they persist with this buffoon.

I completely agree, the Chris Bailey interviews serve the same purpose, but sound far more professional and are informative. Listening to Dave Clayton is such a cringeworthy experience I often stop watching half way through because I feel as uncomfortable as the person being interviewed clearly is!

As many others have said, he sounds like a 7 year old who has just met his hero and is so nervous he starts asking the most banal and ridiculous questions imaginable. Chris Bailey is head of content, so essentially his boss, I wish he would leave Clayton to writing and do all of the on camera interviews himself. The interviews at the moment are embarrassing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.