OSC Korea

Koreans are notoriously massive complainers if something doesn't go their way. I should know, my wife's Korean!

Seems a few people weren't happy they missed out on the access to the team/match tickets during the tour and went on further to accuse the OSC of financial irregulaties. I remember at the time, the Seoul OSC kept on posting apologies on their Instagram and there were lots of people complaining in the comments. Their insta account has disappeared now as far as I can see.

Korean online culture is really toxic - see the treatment of celebrities over there if they do even the littlest thing to cause controversy.

I'm guessing the OSC posted publicly if the Seoul branch has deleted all its social accounts.

Koreans are notoriously massive complainers if something doesn't go their way. I should know, my wife's Korean!
I’ve got friends who taught in Korea who basically say that their consumer laws make them officially complain all the time in order to get a refund or discount. They say if you work in Korea you can basically expect a couple of complaints a term at least, even if you’ve never had any in any other country.

Korean online culture is really toxic - see the treatment of celebrities over there if they do even the littlest thing to cause controversy.

100%. My missus is Korean too, actually half but born and raised in Seoul.

She's fairly laid back in general compared to most but it's part of the culture for sure, especially when it comes to customer service and public service. I get it to a point, why shouldn't people expect a good standard of service, but you've got to have a bit of understanding that things can't always be perfect.

The second point is true too. You see things about some tin pot Korean rapper caught smoking a bit of weed and its like the biggest scandal you've ever seen. You'd think they mainlined heroin into their cock on TV then killed someone. Of course their culture is different but I think the reactions to some things are way overboard.

Like the ex mayor topped himself over some sexual harassment allegation. Obviously you can't say he wouldn't have anyway, but there's a good chance he wouldn't if it wasn't for the culture of going after someone.

I'm moving there in April actually. I really like the place though but yeah, some of the cultural differences in these kind of things are probably quite alien to your average brit when you see it up close.

I say she's laid back compared to most, but she definitely knows how to tap into that level of virtuosity of being a complainer when it comes to me!!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.