Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denayer won't be happy going out on loan again. Pretty sure we had to fend off a number of clubs when tying him down to a new contract. He's ready now. Bringing in Otamendi, as good a player as he is, is only going to throw a spanner in the works. If it ain't broke don't fix it and all that
This is not the Rodney Marsh scenario. A top player is available who can improve the squad. Get him signed up!

We don't need another central midfielder. We have 5 already for 2 spots. No one is going to take Fernandinho or Yaya out of the team anyway.
Maybe, I still think a quality centre midfielder is more of a pressing issue than a new centre back though. I'm thinking in terms of us doing well in the champions league here.

To be honest, overall I'm probably fairly satisfied with the balance. We look great dont we.

People say such stupid things on here.

Denayer would obviously have been made aware of our intentions defensively in the market before signing his new deal. Or do people really think we promised him the earth, got him to sign a new deal, then signed a defender anyway to push him out of the picture completely?

Whatever City's plans are for Denayer, they will reveal themselves in time.

Sense.

Denayer is only 20. He'll do what he's told to. And a year of playing for a strongish La Liga team will do his game wonders. He's potentially got another 15 years ahead of him and he's got a good contract in place with City. I think it would suit all parties for him to go over there.

Denayer will do what he has AGREED to do, not what he is TOLD to do. He agreed to sign a new contract with City, only after receiving assurances from the club. If he agreed to the possibility of being loaned out, then there is no problem. If he agreed only because we promised him a chance in the first team, & he doesn't get it, he will try to get a move away.

I would if they treated me like that, & I've been a City fan for 40 odd years, so I'm pretty sure he will be out of the club as fast as possible if we shit on him.

Hopefully whatever we do with Denayer, is what we agreed to do.

With the news that Mangala is staying, I wonder if there will be apologies from all of the transfer forum knee-jerk wankers for their pathetic meltdowns earlier?

you cant blame people for having a concern about it with papers and twitter talking about possible mangala swap deal,glad it isnt happening, i read somewhere that otem can play at rb to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.