Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are very solid at this position but I like the way in this transfer window we have always kept one eye open if an opportunity comes our way to improve the team. That opportunity opened up when Valencia were having problems paying us the money they owe. I'm sure Otamendi wasnt at the top of our shopping list when window opened but you got to love the way we jumped on the chance and stopped the rags from improving all at the same time....You can never have enough talent and this guy is one of the best......think its a great move! De Bruyne will be the icing on the cake for me!;)

I don't disagree with anything you've said. I understand the need to take the opportunity to buy somebody that's perhaps not necessarily needed when it arises like this seemingly has if it makes you stronger, i'm just trying to look beyond that and wondering where or how he fits in.

I don't think he's good enough to be able to just say lets bring him in because he's available and we'll work it out later. that's something you only do for genuine world class talents. Maybe i'm wrong and he is that good, i'd be very happy if he was, i saw very little of him at Valencia so most of my opinion of him is based on the games i've seen him play for Porto a few years ago where i thought he was better than average but nothing spectacular. Hopefully he has progressed since then and is worth potentially upsetting the balance we currently in that position.

I just don't see it as black and white as he's an upgrade on MDM and he's younger therefore it's a no-brainer. There's more to consider than that. It's only as simple as that if he's coming in to do the same role, which he very clearly won't be doing. Assuming we let MDM go, or he takes a new role as emergency dm, can we keep 3 starting centre backs happy whilst also giving enough opportunities to what is widely considered to be one of the best young defenders in the game? It seems difficult to me, especially when everybody has been calling for Pellegrini to stop rotating our defence every game for the sake of it and labelled that as probably the main reason why we lost the league last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.