Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
By signing a new long term deal the club has shown him that he is part of our future.

Players will play when the club feel they are ready. I'd pick Otamendi over Denayer every day of the week and twice on Sunday at this moment in time.

Anyone who remotely thinks that Denayer is currently the better option does not have a clue about football.

Also, why on earth do people just assume we have a concrete starting 11 and the rest will struggle for game time?

It's a squad game and if we want to compete in all competitions then we will need top players and hungry players.

Last season seen us play Milner up front despite having 3 strikers. Likewise Vinny has been known to have injuries.

If Denayer stays I'd expect him to have around 20 appearances for the first team this season, even more if he takes his chance.

We have top competition and its up to him to prove himself. The day we turn down top available players on the off chance that an unproven 20 year old can make the difference is the day we accept mid table mediocrity.

People seem to slag the media off, or those that get their knowledge from computer games. Yet follow their chain of thought.

Everytime we sign a player, it means someone's not wanted, or he won't play. Do people not learn? Apparently according to many Sterling would be enjoying CL football from the bench.

City seem to be the only team not allowed a squad, why are we the ones with only one starting xi? Chelsea have their club captain, England's Cahill, Zouma that cost £20 million, Ivanovic and now want to £30 million plus for stones. United have 5 off the top of my head £10 million plus international centre backs all in their prime, yet apparently need a centre back. Liverpool have Skrtyl, Toure, Sakho and Loveren.

We are allowed a squad too. Demichellis is in the last year of his contract, leaving us with 4 very good centre backs between 20 and 30. It's a prerfect scenario.

"No faith in Denayer" he's got a 5 year deal, that shows more faith than 5 sub appearances in dead rubber games.

My opinion anyway.

Totally disagree with that.

Look at Phil Jones, the best way to ruin a promising young footballer's career is to play him out of position. Denayer is a centre half, he needs to play football at centre half in order to develop in that role. Playing him, in cameos, as a defensive midfielder, does no-one any good whatsoever.

Ah but have you seen Denayer play football? He's no Phil Jones.... he is a proper footballer. Technically as good as the likes of Fernandinho etc. Phil Jones is just a clogger and always was.

A bit shady on denayer but if he has the right attitude this will drive him on and make him a better player. Massive point to prove for him now.

[

Kind of proves my point really none them are out and out centre backs

Matthieu plays left back at barce, Badstuber can play anywhere across the backline and Martinez can play in midfield.
The point being all of them play the majority of their games at CB. Alba is never injured and whenever Badstuber and Martinez are fit they play CB. Also forgot Vermaelen.

I wonder if Everton sell Stones that Denayer will go there for a season or two. It would be perfect development playing for a manager with a similar philosophy to us. We could always put clauses in for recall at each transfer window

By signing a new long term deal the club has shown him that he is part of our future.

Players will play when the club feel they are ready. I'd pick Otamendi over Denayer every day of the week and twice on Sunday at this moment in time.

Anyone who remotely thinks that Denayer is currently the better option does not have a clue about football.

Also, why on earth do people just assume we have a concrete starting 11 and the rest will struggle for game time?

It's a squad game and if we want to compete in all competitions then we will need top players and hungry players.

Last season seen us play Milner up front despite having 3 strikers. Likewise Vinny has been known to have injuries.

If Denayer stays I'd expect him to have around 20 appearances for the first team this season, even more if he takes his chance.

We have top competition and its up to him to prove himself. The day we turn down top available players on the off chance that an unproven 20 year old can make the difference is the day we accept mid table mediocrity.

If we apply your way of thinking, there will always be a player we can sign rather than use a kid. It's a choice you make as a club. If Denayer gets 20 games there is no problem. It will require Demichelis to leave then & Pellegrini to pick him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.