Other CL Matches 30 Sep

@supercrystal

You see some things wrong. You do not have to forget that it is about competiton - cup matches. Beauty does not count. Bayern had problems to run against a wall - but they remarked in the first half that Moscow is dangerous on the counter attack and - that Benatia in his form might be a risk. Boateng has problems since weeks with his adductors - and Pep did not want to take risks there that is why he did not sub.

In the second half you saw that they stopped to take much risks. Another goal would have been nice - but why take risks. The goals against Moskow will not count when teams have an equal number of points.

Bayern knows now that they have to win two of the next four matches and they are through. And that is the only thing that counts... The match of tonight is not a blueprint for the matches that follow - especially not for the ones in the final stages of the CL. Two years ago we had a good win against Valencia, lost in BATE, then we got a hard fought 1:0 in Lille with a Müller penalty (similar to the match today), had a beautiful little display with a 5:0 after 35 minutes against Lille at home, secured the group with a late equalizer and three strikers in a match that we led against 10 men in Valencia - and won the group on last match day with 10 men against BATE at home.

That was the treble season in which we won the league in record breaking fashion. And the match against BATE somehow was similar to that of today - with the difference that we this time won and the opponent did not score the counters.

The competition has two parts - the first part in the group stage where it is only important to get through and not get confused by the problems a team might have at the beginning of the years because of new players, systems, coaches or different trainings beginnings of the players.

Bayern is through the group stage with a win against ZSKA at home and one win out of the three matches against Rome and City. No matter what happens. Your draw today was good for Bayern as now 12 points will be enough to be second in the group.

Maldieka I saw things quite clearly last season and this season Bayern are even weaker than last. Every team has the occasional slip and bad performance and this was not one of them. There were fundamental problems which CSK exposed. I watch Bayern often and Boateng constantly has to bail the team out.

Today Moscow had so many chances. If you look at the match they had the greater clear cut chances. In the second half you were too cautious and without getting the second goal it meant the game was still open. Lahm moving completely into the centre really did help things though. Bayern this season have struggled to create chances all season. Nobody is writing off Chelsea, because they had a poor result at home to Schalke. Nor is anyone writing them off, because they only beat Sporting 1-0.

Constantly changing the positions and formations is not brilliant it's just stupid. It stops the instinctive understanding and partnerships that players form. The Muller/Lahm/Robben was one of the greatest combinations in modern football. Alaba and Ribery too were developing this understanding. For the top matches this is needed,

This season already you have had 1 goal against Schalke and Hamburg teams you have hammered in previous seasons.

The biggest worry today is that as usual with a Guardiola team you were too exposed to the counter and this looked much worse without Boateng (who over the last year has really become one of best defenders in the world). The second big worry is that the new formation means there is no connection between the midfield and the attack.

Ultimately time will tell. At least last season I expected Bayern to go out to another world class counter attacking team and I was proven right. This season unless Guardiola fixes the formation and stops being so arrogant you will go out against the likes of PSG/Juventus. Time will tell, but this squad is even stronger than 2012 one, but the performances and tactics are so much worse.

supercrystal7 said:
BlueTG said:
MeatHunterrr said:
PSG going to get thumped by Barcelona.
Got the lotto numbers?
Barca losing to PSG is not that surprising. PSG have been poor in the league from what I have heard, have not watched them this season, but they can play well. This Barca team despite their great start have a lot of weaknesses. It's such an open CL. Bayern are held back by their manager, Madrid lack a defensive cover, Chelsea not quite got the players and Dortmund continuously have half their team injured, but those are the four favourites for me.

I feel that Barcelona can greatly improve if they make a few important and "politically" tough changes, and also Suarez steps into the team.

This would be my preferred line-up for FCB:

----------------------------------Bravo----------------------------------
Alves*--------Pique--------------------Vermaelen--------Mathieu
----------------------------Mascherano------------------------------
------------Rakitic--------------------------Iniesta-------------------
----------------------------Messi----------------------------------------
-------Suarez------------------------------Neymar-------------------

Alba, Busquets and Pedro must be dropped. Pedro will definitely be dropped with Suarez coming in. Alba and especially Busquets are more difficult to drop since they are Catalan and La Masia products and blah blah blah...

* Alves should also be dropped if Montoya can do better than him, which should not be impossible.

Also, for tough away games, maybe this should be tried:

----------------------------------------Bravo-------------------------------------
----Alves*---------Pique--------------------Vermaelen-----Mathieu---
------------------Mascherano------------Samper/Busq-------------------
-------------------------------------Iniesta*-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------Messi-----------------------------------------
------------------Suarez------------------------------Neymar-----------------

*Could also be Rakitic or Xavi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.