Our Academy Squad in Five Years Time

hope's are high for the youth setup and the new etihad campus coming soon

but i dont see alot coming from the old setup that we have right now and maybe its 5 years away from the etihad campus and the youth setup working and bring new hope

we need to think long term and not really hang our hats on 1 world class player
maybe like that utd youth team of the beckhams scholes and the rest
they already had a team that was champions and worked them into the first team

thats what needed at manchester city

woahmark said:
From what I've heard Emyr Huws is fairly decent. Greg Leigh has been playing well.

I've a work colleague who's a Northamton supporter where Huws went on loan
Apparently, he was awful and it was the old scenario of "he can't do it on a wet cold wet windy night in ...insert town"

The Pink Panther said:
woahmark said:
From what I've heard Emyr Huws is fairly decent. Greg Leigh has been playing well.

Apparently, he was awful and it was the old scenario of "he can't do it on a wet cold wet windy night in ...insert town"

Maybe he didn't look great at Northampton but I reckon it will have done a lot of good in his development.

Huws is a class act.
Actually watched him play a few times now and he has matured as a player since his loan spell at Northampton
U21s midfield looks solid with him in there and the coaches rate him highly.

The Pink Panther said:
woahmark said:

The thing with Emyr Huws is he is a very refined technical player so sticking him in League Two where not much football is going to be played wont do much to develop his technical skills - that said he has progressed since his loan spell and seems to have abit more steel to his game.

Those that watched him play centre back earlier in the season for the EDS will tell you that his positioning, tactical awareness and overall prescence was very good, however he looked to shirk out of few tackles and misjudge headers but since he has returned he looks like he has learnt to channel some bravery and guts into his play so he could make it at City.

Pughie said:
The Pink Panther said:
woahmark said:

The thing with Emyr Huws is he is a very refined technical player so sticking him in League Two where not much football is going to be played wont do much to develop his technical skills - that said he has progressed since his loan spell and seems to have abit more steel to his game.

Those that watched him play centre back earlier in the season for the EDS will tell you that his positioning, tactical awareness and overall prescence was very good, however he looked to shirk out of few tackles and misjudge headers but since he has returned he looks like he has learnt to channel some bravery and guts into his play so he could make it at City.

Steel is a good word. For me he has looked more confident and stronger than before the loan.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Pughie said:
The Pink Panther said:

Steel is a good word. For me he has looked more confident and stronger than before the loan.

The lad has suffered from many muscular injuries during his time at City - many probably down to his growth being over 6 foot now - as such it might be taking longer for him to trust his own body - the lad has talent - whether City will allow him the time to see if he can develop into a premiership quality player is another matter but I would give him till the end of next season to see more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.