Our 'Ageing' Supporters

Lrrr

Last night in Plzen it seemed to me to be quite noticiable that there were very few City supporters in the under 25 category. It was also in mine and many other blues opinion that it was the best atmosphere in a City away end for quite a considerable while. This was done without the need of smoke bombs, flags on sticks, no concourse bounce around (although I may stand corrected on the last point as I went straight up to the seats) and only 600 of us accompanied by our voices. From before kick off to after the final whistle, our supporters, were fantastic.

21ce2bc.jpg

34nibrl.jpg

25q3tza.jpg

Probably all the fans like me that have put up with all the shit over the last 30 years and are enjoying the moment.

Some of us will back the team no matter what dross is served up and no matter what the result. In the eyes of some that is accepting 2nd best. For me it's about enjoying supporting the club regardless and enjoying everything that comes with it.

Interesting post.
From what I saw at Wembley against Wigan it was the majority (but not all) of the under 25's being highly aggressive, pissed out of their tiny minds, puking everywhere, arguing with the stewards and other Blues and generally being serious arseholes.
Maybe our 'ageing supporters' appreciate and value what we have now and understand where we have come from a lot more?

yet another thread knocking city's under 25 supporters...

i did 10 aways last season, many of which had large groups of the younger lads and our support was fantastic, some contained more older fans and were equally as good.

now yes, our fans were great last night but it wasn't because it was just the older lads, it's because it was blues. it doesn't matter how old city's away support is for a particular game because in my experience it doesn't make a difference - we're still class away.

yes there's likely to the odd idiot but there is at any club. i made a complaint a couple of years ago about a bloke who looked about 50 starting on a steward for no reason.

I'm under the age of 25 and me and my mates get drunk, sing constantly but behave ourselves .so don't judge city fans on age at all, judge them on their individuality. just because 4 city fans under the age of 25 act like nobs, doesn't mean all young city fans are nobs.

Lrrr said:
Last night in Plzen it seemed to me to be quite noticiable that there were very few City supporters in the under 25 category. It was also in mine and many other blues opinion that it was the best atmosphere in a City away end for quite a considerable while. This was done without the need of smoke bombs, flags on sticks, no concourse bounce around (although I may stand corrected on the last point as I went straight up to the seats) and only 600 of us accompanied by our voices. From before kick off to after the final whistle, our supporters, were fantastic.

21ce2bc.jpg

34nibrl.jpg

25q3tza.jpg
It sounded great mate, are you doing Munich, should be fun.

Lrrr said:

21ce2bc.jpg

34nibrl.jpg

25q3tza.jpg

is the guy in the third picture Gaz?

Im 30 where do I get put in this grouping of fans that seems to be happening these days

ban-mcfc said:
yet another thread knocking city's under 25 supporters...

i did 10 aways last season, many of which had large groups of the younger lads and our support was fantastic, some contained more older fans and were equally as good.

now yes, our fans were great last night but it wasn't because it was just the older lads, it's because it was blues. it doesn't matter how old city's away support is for a particular game because in my experience it doesn't make a difference - we're still class away.

yes there's likely to the odd idiot but there is at any club. i made a complaint a couple of years ago about a bloke who looked about 50 starting on a steward for no reason.

I'm under the age of 25 and me and my mates get drunk, sing constantly but behave ourselves .so don't judge city fans on age at all, judge them on their individuality. just because 4 city fans under the age of 25 act like nobs, doesn't mean all young city fans are nobs.

It wasn't meant to come over as a post knocking the younger supporters, just an observation of last nights support and atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.