Our Defence...

Against teams where we see a lot of the ball.

Zab....VK.....JL.....GC.

Against teams where we see less of the ball.

MR....VK....MN....GC.

I havent a clue myself, glad im not a manager. We need to get kompany back to form and leaving him out wont help, although if its not broken, dont fix and saturday looked a solid defensive performance.

adrianr said:
The clean sheet was kept by Milner and Barry. It was hardly a testing exercise for our back line. Especially given Zab and Kola were almost always in and around Sunderlands box. Even set piece deliveries were weak. Micah made some good decisions on when to come out and intercept, something Kompany has been getting wrong time and time again, but again, not much pressure, it was easy enough pickings.

Post of the thread
Totally agree

Four strangers from the crowd could have been selected a couple of minutes before kick off to be our back four on Saturday, and they would have kept a clean sheet.

Was a pure joy to behold Micah giving it 200%. Having the workrate of Tevez in the offense, Milner in the center pitch and Micah in the defense could work wounders in a team with so much individual skill. Could really see Micahs eyes almost glowing with determination to make it back to the starting team.

from now on i'd pick zabaleta-micah-vinnie-clichy and nastasic as the first backup to micah and vinnie(the same things about his form were said same time last year but he ended up with the best player of the season award-for me he is the best cb in the world.)I just don't rate lescott for me he is too slow and im now sure mancini doesn't rate him that much too.

dancity19 said:
bluebannana said:
Richards..........kompany...........lescott...........clichy

I am sure that will be most people's choice- probably mine as well. But I do think Mancini has lost some confidence in Lescott...

I disagree. I think the media has made too much of it. If he had lost faith in him he'd be on the bench. He didn't play in the CL games because Real and Dortmund have a ton of pace and Mancini was worried he'd get burned.

I am a big Lescott fan but putting him in at left back has to be a joke!

And our best has to include Micah as right back how ever good Zaba has been but I also agree with the posters who talk as much if not more about how the midfield is made up as anything else.Having the right balance in the team and that means cover for the defence is key to keeping clean sheets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.