Our Defence

I think we are missing John Stones. Yesterday his pace at the back would have made a difference in the second half. On Wednesday he would have improved distribution from defence to midfield and ensured that KDB and SIlva got more of the ball. I also think Fernandinho plays better with Stones behind him. I know he has made a few mistakes but won't be surprised if he comes back on Tuesday.

The scum had 3 attacks and scored 3 goals from each of them, I don't think any defenders or defence in the world can defend against that kind of fluky good luck.

I think we are missing John Stones. Yesterday his pace at the back would have made a difference in the second half. On Wednesday he would have improved distribution from defence to midfield and ensured that KDB and SIlva got more of the ball. I also think Fernandinho plays better with Stones behind him. I know he has made a few mistakes but won't be surprised if he comes back on Tuesday.

Agree with every word of this. Especially at Anfield where Vinny was targeted by them as they knew he would give the ball away under pressure. Stones would have made a difference.

Agree with every word of this. Especially at Anfield where Vinny was targeted by them as they knew he would give the ball away under pressure. Stones would have made a difference.
At last someone with my point of view , said this last night and got hammered for it.

Yesterday Utd put two players on Fernandinho at the start of the second and due to a drop in application we conceded. Same happened against Liverpool twice this season.
Overwhelm the pivot and you're in.
Pep needs to play his double Pivot much more frequently in this league - swap between the two when the opposition are exerting max effort (double pivot) or are knackered or we are at max perform an e levels (single pivot) but any drop in concentration or effort will be exploited.
Pep had Messi at Barca to make it irrelevant. Here he doesn't.

Last edited:
LOL the defence that has kept a clean sheet all season, now we lose a couple of games and its sack the defence. LOL get your heads in check. We bottled it today and against Liverpool, Pep has to work on that mindset and fkin make it work better.
It's not a fundamental problem. Pep just requires a bit of pragmatism

The scum had 3 attacks and scored 3 goals from each of them, I don't think any defenders or defence in the world can defend against that kind of fluky good luck.
Not sure luck had much to do with smallling having a free header from 6 yards with the whole city defense just stood watching.

Think our defence/team is now lacking a leader Vinnie is not the player he was and is concentrating on his own game (Rightly) in the past Hart or Toure would step up when needed but I don't see this in the team anymore all the leadership comes from the bench. Stones was looking the best option but looks like he has fell out of favour any thoughts.

Think our defence/team is now lacking a leader Vinnie is not the player he was and is concentrating on his own game (Rightly) in the past Hart or Toure would step up when needed but I don't see this in the team anymore all the leadership comes from the bench. Stones was looking the best option but looks like he has fell out of favour any thoughts.

Lascelles or Maguire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.