Our first trophy under the new owners is the Stanley Cup

Pam

Reserves victory. Sorry if already posted but haven't seen it anywhere.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Reserves-news/2009/July/ball-double-lands-silver" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Reserves-new ... nds-silver</a>

I thought you meant the trophy the winners of the NHL (American/Canadian Ice Hockey) get!

This post is terribly misleading... As a Canadian, my first thought of the stanley cup is the hockey one. You've got to premise these things for me lol

Sweetman said:
This post is terribly misleading... As a Canadian, my first thought of the stanley cup is the hockey one. You've got to premise these things for me lol

No it is the NHL Ice Hockey one, Hockey is a different sport.

Corky said:
Sweetman said:

No it is the NHL Ice Hockey one, Hockey is a different sport.

Lol, it's only ice hockey in the states. We call the other one field hockey. I couldn't imagine living with brits and trying to talk about sports lol, half the conversation would be asking which sport we are talking about!!

i image-googled for this stanley cup/shield but could not find a picture of it. anyone has a pic of how it looks like?

and if we win the Vodacom Challenge, will there be another cup?

shaiomarali said:
i image-googled for this stanley cup/shield but could not find a picture of it. anyone has a pic of how it looks like?

and if we win the Vodacom Challenge, will there be another cup?
stanleycup.gif

:)

LOL I thought he was talking about the NHL Stanley Cup too.

One of the interesting things about Lord Stanley's Cup is that the winners are given a lot of free reign to tour the Cup even to the point of giving it to players to haul around to neighborhood pubs and such. When Detroit had the Cup, it would just show up occasionally here and there. You'd be at the bar having a beer and all of a sudden three or four Red Wings players would walk in with the Cup, let people take some pictures, then they'd head off to the next place. It's ok, the winners cup is a replica of the permanent cup which lives in the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.