Our Leaking Defence

Johnny_on said:
pee dubya said:
There's more to defending than simply buying defenders. In order to defend successfully, the whole team has to pull their weight, even adding the likes of Tevez to our forward line would probably benefit our defence. Having a player such as RSC who can hold up the ball and relieve the constant pressure on the defence would also be hugely helpfull. It would also help massively to have another tall body in the box when defending corners and free-kicks.

Having the ball is the best from of defence, see Barcelona as a perfect example, everyone knows that they actually have a relatively vulnerable back 4, but it's very rarely exposed because a) the whole team, even Eto'o, Messi and Henry, work to get the ball back when they lose it, and b) when they get the ball they keep it, and don't just launch it up the pitch back to the opposition.

Yes better defenders would help, but it's not the only reason for having a poor defensive record.

Great post....

Its hard to get people to understand that.... But its no fluke that alot of people seem to point out that all of out left backs are rubbish, The side of the pitch where Robbie is.... This is why Barry will actually sure up our defence.... He will play left side of the 3 in midfield and cover Bridge.... Also ain terms of defending from the front, is there a better player than Tevez for that ?????
where have you got robiniho up front in a 442 or wide left in a 451

Yes our defence is poor! Got to say we must sign 2 defenders this summer!
If Elano leaves i think we have a veyr capable young player in Weiss to be more effective than Elano is over a whole season!

I like the post on defending from the front! It is a must! Some people have said over the last few months that a team of hard workers is okay if you're looking at mid table like Stoke, nut when you watch Barca all 11 players work hard for every minute they're on the pitch!

feedthegoat2007 said:
Johnny_on said:
pee dubya said:
There's more to defending than simply buying defenders. In order to defend successfully, the whole team has to pull their weight, even adding the likes of Tevez to our forward line would probably benefit our defence. Having a player such as RSC who can hold up the ball and relieve the constant pressure on the defence would also be hugely helpfull. It would also help massively to have another tall body in the box when defending corners and free-kicks.

Having the ball is the best from of defence, see Barcelona as a perfect example, everyone knows that they actually have a relatively vulnerable back 4, but it's very rarely exposed because a) the whole team, even Eto'o, Messi and Henry, work to get the ball back when they lose it, and b) when they get the ball they keep it, and don't just launch it up the pitch back to the opposition.

Yes better defenders would help, but it's not the only reason for having a poor defensive record.

Great post....

Its hard to get people to understand that.... But its no fluke that alot of people seem to point out that all of out left backs are rubbish, The side of the pitch where Robbie is.... This is why Barry will actually sure up our defence.... He will play left side of the 3 in midfield and cover Bridge.... Also ain terms of defending from the front, is there a better player than Tevez for that ?????
where have you got robiniho up front in a 442 or wide left in a 451

For me Hughes has been trying to force a 433 without fully having the right players to do it. Eto'o Currently plays in a 433 and i think Tevez would go right hand side of the three, with Robinho left...... Then it looks like he wants a big man upfront to play a 442 when needed, but that'll be our Plan B... ie for Stoke away, Bolton away etc...

--------------Eto'o---------------
Robinho----------------------Tevez
----------------------------------
----Barry-------------Ireland-------
-------------De Jong---------------
Bridge---New CB---Onouha---Richards
------------Given-----------------

Is my guess.....

I dont think last years leaky defence was down to the players last year as the year before they were almost as good as uniteds but this year they was shite ecpecially for first half and I think this was down to poor coaching as most of the time they looked liked they dint know what they were doing or maybe it was just because of there poor form but it did seem odd one season they were great then next they was like they were. but yeh a world class center back in for dunney maybe but his performance for ireland the other night was class so maybe not but Johnson from portsmouth would be a v.good purchase!

I dont think last years leaky defence was down to the players last year as the year before they were almost as good as uniteds but this year they was shite ecpecially for first half and I think this was down to poor coaching as most of the time they looked liked they dint know what they were doing or maybe it was just because of there poor form but it did seem odd one season they were great then next they was like they were. but yeh a world class center back in for dunney maybe but his performance for ireland the other night was class so maybe not but Johnson from portsmouth would be a v.good purchase!
The team above maybe we already have a class center back in Vincent Kompany
------------------S.Etoo --------
Robbi---------------------------Tevez

----------Barry----------Ireland----

----------------De Jong------

Zab/-------Kompany----Ned-----Bridge
Richards
(johnson)
-----------------Given

I'd be happy enough to add just one proven quality centre back(Carvalho etc) and leave it at that. If you re-jig the whole back four there's a good chance we wont be settled in time for the new season. Adding one addition as apposed to 2-3 will be easier to intergrate.

Zab, Richards, Onouha can play right back.

Richards, Onouha, Kompany, Dunne can all play centre back(plus a new face)

Bridge at left back.

Get the best centre back available to us and then go for a young left back with potential, like one of the Boro lads or something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.