Our new main problem

Skashion

Might be too early in the day for Skashion's stats but as it's an early kick off... Just been doing some number crunching on our conceding and the contrast between our record under Mancini and since Mancini left is staggering.

Under Mancini
2009/10 – 27 games
2010/11 – 65 games
2011/12 – 60 games
2012/13 – 58 games
210 games – 14 times conceded 3 goals during 90 minutes ordinary time (6.67% of games played).

Since Mancini left
2012/13 – 4 games
2013/14 – 16 games
20 games – 8 times conceded 3 goals during 90 minutes ordinary time (40% of games played).

The main problem from last season - lack of scoring, has now been sorted, as we have a right to expect having spent so much on attacking players. However, this is now very clearly our new problem. It absolutely must be sorted, because there's little chance we can expect to win anything when you can concede so many so often. Winning a cup would be out of the question if you concede three goals in 40% of your matches. The chance of winning the league would also be very low. Basically I think our chances of winning the league depends on drastically reducing that number. It need not hit the 6.67% of Mancini, but it needs to be more than halved.

How d'you figure we've played 16 games this season ?

You could've just said you'd included pre season ... :)

Skashion said:
akcity said:
Skashion said:
I included pre-season.

I don't think pre season should be included...

Good stats tho, any chance of removing pre season and see how the stats are..?
It's actually worse if I remove pre-season but so be it.

Can you also remove the nothing games at the end of last season when we were managerless too please. :)

Skashion said:
With pre-season removed:
Under Mancini
2009/10 – 27 games
2010/11 – 59 games
2011/12 – 54 games
2012/13 – 51 games
191 games – 11 times conceded 3 goals during 90 minutes ordinary time (5.76% of games played).

Since Mancini left
2012/13 – 2 games
2013/14 – 9 games
11 games – 4 times conceded 3 goals during 90 minutes ordinary time (36.36% of games played).

The main problem from last season - lack of scoring, has now been sorted, as we have a right to expect having spent so much on attacking players. However, this is now very clearly our new problem. It absolutely must be sorted, because there's little chance we can expect to win anything when you can concede so many so often. Winning a cup would be out of the question if you concede three goals in 40% of your matches. The chance of winning the league would also be very low. Basically I think our chances of winning the league depends on drastically reducing that number. It need not hit the 6.67% of Mancini, but it needs to be more than halved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.