our squad vs uniteds... can we compete this season??

Kinky Gio said:
Given - VDS = 0-1
Taylor - Foster = 0-2

Richards - Brown = 0-3
Toure - Rio = 0-4
Lescott - Vidic = 0-5
Bridge - Evra = 0-6

SWP - Valencia = 1-6
Barry - Carrick = 2-6
Ireland - Fletcher = 3-6
Robinho - Nani = 4-6

Adebayor - Rooney = 4-7
Tevez - Berbatov = 4-8

They've the better keeper, defence and strikers, but every one of our midfielders are better than theirs.

Some silly comparisons in this thread tbh.

RAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ALERT!!!!!!!RAG!!!!!!!!!!ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is quite obvious the best 11 taken from both squads

Given

Brown-Vidic-Ferdinand-Evra

SWP-Ireland-Barry-Robinho

Rooney-Adebayor

Goater10 said:
This is quite obvious the best 11 taken from both squads

Given

Brown-Vidic-Ferdinand-Evra

SWP-Ireland-Barry-Robinho

Rooney-Adebayor
i know he's not having a great year but id rather have micah in there than brown

i have it at 7-4 to us on starting XI with them having wio, vidic, evra and rooney

They do not have a strong squad at all this season fact. Howver Auld whisky nose has been there and done it. Once Ferguson retires though I really believe they will be up shit creek without a paddle.

ono said:
Given - VDS = 1-0
Taylor - Foster = 1-1

Richards - Rafael = 2-1
Toure - Wio = 2-2
Lescott - Vidic = 2-3
Bridge - Evra = 2-4

SWP - Valencia = 3-4
Barry - Carrick = 4-4
Ireland - Feltcher = 5-4
Robinho - Park = 6-4

Adebayor - Rooney = 7-5
Tevez - Berbatov = 7-6

I think it's close. You could argue a few of those. We have our best chance in years to give them a bit of a dicking but it won't happen at the Swamp. Maybe at Coms. Having said that, as much as it pains me, they are still a good side. I think squad wise we aren't far from over-taking them but we have to get everything right, right down to the coaching and mentality. We're obviously trying to do that so time will tell. For now, i feel our squad on paper, pretty much matches theirs. I reckon they'd disagree but i don't there is too much in it either way.
Spot on that, Tevez v Berbatov depends on Bebertov's mood, Tevez will always give 100% but if Bebertov plays like he did for Spuds in the cup against us 2 year ago hes hard to better.
You could also add Brown for Rafael and I think it would be evens.

city bairn said:
They do not have a strong squad at all this season.

In point of fact, they are fast becoming shit. Some of the are too old, and the rest are shit ordinary in too many departments now.

we cant compete this season.they have a set way of playing and the new players will fit that and will push chelsea for the title with the rest knowhere. BUT, man for man there isnt much in it at all and next season will be very tight between us and them,especially with some of our younger players coming through and with the addition of one or two top class signings. with fergie ready to wrap it,with ferdinand having back problems and with scholes nearing the end,they have a big big task to stay at the top over the next 2/3 seasons. signing owen was a fuckin big sign in my opinion,he is well past his best and cost fuk all,thats how younited have to do their business nowadays. long live malcolm the great.

--------------------------------------------Given(beats VDS)-------------------------

Brown(beats Micah)----Ferdinand (beats Toure)---Vidic(beats Lescott)---Evra (beats Bridge)

SWP(beats Valencia)----Ireland(beats Fletcher)----Barry(beats Carrick)-----Robinho(beats Nani)

-----------------------------Rooney(beats Tevez)----Adebayor(beats Berbatov)

Subs:
Foster (beats Taylor)
Zabaleta (Beats Rafael and Chuckle)
Kompany (or Onuoha) (beat Evans)
Hargreaves (beats De Jong)
Petrov (beats Park)
Giggs (or Scholes) (beat Johnson(they wouldn't if he had his shit together) or Weiss (but Weiss will be something special)
Santa Cruz (or Bellamy) (beat Owen)

Out of 18 positions (11+7subs) it's...

10-8 to CITY!

Pretty even really, but it's highly probable that Utd will finish above us, if only because they're settled and have an excellent defense. I know one thing, we have the far more exciting players. I know who I'd prefer to watch if I was a neutral.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.