Our Squad

scorer said:
Yes i would agree we've been unlucky at times, but I am a firm believer that over the course of the season these things do equal themselves out... more or less, for example we could easily have had a penalty awarded against us at Fulham and we didnt... though again I accept that luck does come into to it, but is not the ultimate factor at this stage of a season. If we were to get relegated by a single point i will we have been robbed.

Yet again, though, there is ANOTHER mitigating factor which you are just dismissing. If you take into account all of the mitigating factors I've listed in this thread, you have your reasons for why we are where we are...and yes some responsibility lies with the manager, but not to the extent which you and some others are arguing...

BillyShears said:
scorer said:
Yes i would agree we've been unlucky at times, but I am a firm believer that over the course of the season these things do equal themselves out... more or less, for example we could easily have had a penalty awarded against us at Fulham and we didnt... though again I accept that luck does come into to it, but is not the ultimate factor at this stage of a season. If we were to get relegated by a single point i will we have been robbed.

Yet again, though, there is ANOTHER mitigating factor which you are just dismissing. If you take into account all of the mitigating factors I've listed in this thread, you have your reasons for why we are where we are...and yes some responsibility lies with the manager, but not to the extent which you and some others are arguing...

Okay, you win, hughes is brilliant. I am wrong and we will end up in UEFA next season and probably win the trophy (along with the FA cup) as well.

I was trying to be pragmatic and talk about the squad as a squad rather than a group of individuals... but fair enough youre right and i really dont know what i was thinkin...

Poor defending, crazy own goals has cost us at least 4 points (Newcastle/ Everton)
If we had not made those serious 2 errors we would have 22points and in 9th spot and everything is rosy. We/ Hughes/Players need to sort it out.

scorer said:
Again i'll start thisb thread saying this is not a Anti-Hughes thread... sorry folks.

Do people think the squad of players (minus Robinho) is worthy of 17th in the League? I personally thought we were worthy of competing for a UEFA cup spot with the squad that finished last season along with the likes of Kompany, Zabaleta and SWP.

I point to the defeats and draws in order of pissed offity (nice new word huh)

Brighton Away
Midgetland Home
Newcastle Away
Spurs Home
Fulham Away
Boro Away
Everton Home
Bolton Away
Hull Away
Wigan Away

I say again, at the start of the season and especially when SWP joined us I had expectations of going for a UEFA cup spot. Now I think that is totally unrealistic (though i would be delighted if we were actually to compete). What is wrong that means the tallented squad of players we have cannot compete. It is mind blowing.

So come on WHY WHY WHY???

Cut down the text a bit so the quote won't be too big

Maybe blue tinted specs time but on the bright side we have 6 of them games at home in the 2nd half of the season, considering I seriously didn't expect us to beat the top 4 home or away (although hoping for some decent results) they should be bankers - yeah, right......this is City we are talking about ;-)

i think some of our squad are overated......

benjani, evans, vass, gelson, dunne, ball, garrido, hamman (too old), caceido

none of these are good enough to take us where we want to be....

that leaves MH with very few options once he starts picking up injuries.......especially long term ones to very key players in Boj (Porbably anyway), petrov (our most consistant threat last year) and johnson (I know some dont rate him but he adds what noone else in the squad does and that is drive from midfield...he provides a different option)......plus rohbino hasnt been fit since before the derby and swp hasnt been fit since the derby cause he got kicked to high heaven everytime he got the ball!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.