Our Strongest team?

Pam said:
He kept everyone happy all last season (except for the Tevez thing, which has now been recovered). These players will all understand the necessity for rotation or we would never have signed them. And we walked away from Hazard when he tried to guarantee a first team spot for himself.

I think exactly this. It's been a good summer for Mancini.

Interesting to see Garcia in so many teams, Barry is a fantastic Premier League footballer who just isn't cut out for top-level European football I don't think but most of our games are domestic so arguably until Garcia proves himself a hit at least is still part of our strongest 11. Until one of the new signings proves otherwise, our strongest 11 is still what we're used to seeing IMO with Zaba vs. Micah the big debate.

LoveCity said:
Interesting to see Garcia in so many teams, Barry is a fantastic Premier League footballer who just isn't cut out for top-level European football I don't think but most of our games are domestic so arguably until Garcia proves himself a hit at least is still part of our strongest 11. Until one of the new signings proves otherwise, our strongest 11 is still what we're used to seeing IMO with Zaba vs. Micah the big debate.
I think Barry's age works against him. Folks just don't think it is possible he hasn't lost a step. And that is a valid claim. But we shall see. With Rodwell, Garcia, Barry Milner, Nasri and Yaya as our 6 possible central midfielders, we should be strong in midfield and have options. What I look forward to is a reduced reliance on Yaya Toure. Now we have 4 CMs who are technically sound and a hustler in Milner, CM should be solid.

CD is still iffy in my opinion. Hope Nasty C is up for it :) Love the Maicon pickup. I see him as a game changer off the bench, or a starte when we go 352. The Kolarov of the right :)

===============hart================
maicon===kompany====lescott=====clichy=
=============barry/garsia============
===silva========yaya=========nasri====
========tevez/balo===aguero/balo=======

i dont think that we should play with 2 little forwards.
if not in CL in PL we need balo or dzeko
i think that our fullbacks are better used when we have one of them on the pitch.
also ballo has never missed penalties

BlueGun said:
------------------------HART--------------------
----MAICON--KOMPANY---LESCOTT---CLICHY-
------------------------------------------------------
---------------GARCIA-----Y.TOURE--------------
-----------------------------------------------------
------------SILVA-------------------NASRI--------
-------------------------TEVEZ----------------------
---------------------AGUERO-----------------------

I don't totally agree with this (Barry should be in for Nasri or Silva and Yaya pushed up, plus I like Kolarov) but for the sake of argument that'd leave a second team of:

PANTS
ZAB- RICHARDS-NASTY*-KOLAROV
BARRY-RODWELL
MILNER-SINCLAIR
BALOTELLI
DZEKO

Subs; Wright, Kolo, Rekik, Razak, Suarez, Guidetti, Hiwula

Not bad...going to lay some money on the League Cup.

*Glad we signed another Serbian hard nut.

It really depends on how the new signings take to adjust to the Premiership. Nor have I seen enough of Nastacic to judge or Garcia really. Though Garcia was bought to replace Barry in the first team. Nastacic to eventually replace Lescott and Maicon probably to play at right back.

So by Christmas would imagine it would be something like this.

Hart
Maicon Kompany Lescott Clichy

Silva Toure Garcia Nasri

Aguero Tevez

The second string will be something like this

Pantilimon
Richards Nastacic Kolo Kolorov

Milner Rodwell Barry Sinclair
Dzeko Tevez

For very hard away matches the first team will probably be something like this.

Hart
Richards Kompany Nastacic
Maicon Clichy
Garcia Toure
Silva
Tevez Aguero

The great thing about your 4-4-2 formation is anyone can come in and do a job. The team are all comfortable on the ball and can play the same type of game.

I like Barry, but I think by the end of the season he could end up being fourth choice midfielder depending on how well Rodwell develops.

I dont get why people want to play yaya in one of the deeper 2 positions. He is far better further up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.