Our top 5 academy players, who would you say they are?

I like Weiss, when he came on yesterday and during the match against Pirates he was pretty skillful and liked doing stepovers and fancy passes. Another robinho coming through?

Immaculate Pasta said:
I thought both Mee and McGivern looked allrite last night.

Have we any next superstars at 14, 15, 16 in the academy set up to look out for in the next few years?

Yes but at under 16 they cant be named for child protection reasons.

stockportblue said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

Have we any next superstars at 14, 15, 16 in the academy set up to look out for in the next few years?

Yes but at under 16 they cant be named for child protection reasons.

Have you seen the new site set up by the guy who ran the reserves and academy blog?? He has named a few of them on there ( The welsh lad who played u16s last season for instance )

Have you seen the new site set up by the guy who ran the reserves and academy blog?? He has named a few of them on there ( The welsh lad who played u16s last season for instance )

They have been named because they are now over 16 and have joined on scholarships at the academy, therefore nobody can poach them and most info is avaialble if you trawl through web pages

Yes there is plenty of info. available but supporters have to try and remember these kids are very young and the pressure on them when they become touted as the next big thing can be immense.At 16/17 pressure can ruin a young lads career.

I know members of the family of a an ex City youth starlet destined for great things who cracked under the weight of expectation and never played a league game in his life.As fans we are all excited by the prospect of great players coming through from our successful academy but we all need to be mindful of the harm that can be done by placing too much pressure too soon on very young lads.

Thanx4Knives said:
I thought McGivern looked great last night, very calm on the ball when under pressure and willing to play it out from the back as well as being good in the air, and considering he mostly plays left back he did very well indeed.

Has an eye for a goal too. Scored a couple from left wing back at Morecambe last season.

Immaculate Pasta said:

mee :)

stockportblue said:
Yes there is plenty of info. available but supporters have to try and remember these kids are very young and the pressure on them when they become touted as the next big thing can be immense.At 16/17 pressure can ruin a young lads career.

I know members of the family of a an ex City youth starlet destined for great things who cracked under the weight of expectation and never played a league game in his life.As fans we are all excited by the prospect of great players coming through from our successful academy but we all need to be mindful of the harm that can be done by placing too much pressure too soon on very young lads.

Yeah, fair enough, I completely agree. But understand that those of us that don't live in Greater MCR, or even the UK for that matter are mostly just eager for a little bit of info on those up-and-coming stars. Speaking personally all the info I gleam is from this site and another couple of blogs and the odd match programme sent home, to date the O/S has proved pretty shite in this regard.

So without wanting to place too much pressure on these kids, I'm just interested and excited to hear about the next batch of homegrown talent coming through, because often I feel a greater affinity with those produced by our academy (Ireland, Ned).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.