Ousmane Dembélé

Sorry for the lack of replies.

Is he as good as Martial? For me, he's better. I don't know how many people took the time to watch the Rennes-Nantes derby last night, but he was absolutely incredible. Scored a hat-trick in the first half. He's having a way better season than Martial had last year. His stats are even better than guys like Ronaldo at the same age. Currently the top scorer aged under 20 in Europe. All the French media are calling for him to be included in the Euro squad, saying he's the biggest star they've seen in years. The same sort of fuss wasn't even made about Martial until after his transfer was finished. If you want a very rough comparison, Dembélé plays like Neymar. He's one of the best dribblers I've ever seen and seems to hit the sweet spot of the ball with every single strike.

Apparently we had Barcelona scouts in the crowd, and a lot of other big teams have been sending people to watch him as well. Can see a big bidding war erupting for him over the summer. I imagine Pep is certainly aware of him and would probably really appreciate a player with his skillset. We know that Pep appreciates Kinglsey Coman and took him to Bayern. It's only my opinion but Dembélé is a bloody huge upgrade over Coman. I feel like Pep would love to work with him and help him become one of the biggest stars in the game, but time will tell.

I still reckon he's a bit too skinny to cope with the PL, but he could prove me wrong. Last night, he was up against some massive defenders and just ran rings around them. The confidence he has is incredible for a kid of his age. The Rennes/Nantes derby is the biggest game on our calendar. The stadium was sold out for the first time all season and the pressure on the players was huge. Nantes were on a 13-game unbeaten streak and there was so much riding on the game for both teams. Dembélé walked out there and owned the whole pitch. With 9 games left in the season, he's on course to finish as the top scorer for Rennes and is easily the best young player in France. Obviously, questions still remain about whether he can do it against the bigger teams. We've got to play Lyon, Marseille, Monaco and PSG over the next couple of months, so it'll be interesting to see how he does.
So he's a great talent and we need to get him on the Guinness and milk!:))

He looks like Sterling on fucking turbo. Though his awareness seems to be lacking. He made the wrong decision quite often. Shot it when he should've passed or laid it up for his teammates.
Noticed that too. Better shooting boots though. I suspect hell pass it more if playing with better players. Some of the ones he passed off weren't taken advantage of.

Noticed that too. Better shooting boots though. I suspect hell pass it more if playing with better players. Some of the ones he passed off weren't taken advantage of.
Yep and he's twofooted as well. Amazing talent.

Yep and he's twofooted as well. Amazing talent.
Needs to improve his ball protection, increase pass accuracy, decision making, and cut down on unforced errors.

The first 3 might happen anyway as he gets bigger stronger and older and moves to a bigger club. The unforced errors he needs to work on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.