out of all the old stadiums

I can't believe that Ayresome Park was actually enjoyed by some people, shit ground, shit town, shit fans and the neanderthals on the Bob End were as big a bunch of window licking mouth breathers as you'd ever want to see.

I've always liked Villa Park, Anfield was great for the noise in the 70's and 80's and so was Roker Park. The Victoria Ground was always a great atmosphere (albeit hate filled) and Trevor Francis' debut remains one of my favourite ever away games, I thought we were going to win the lot that season.

Absolute favourite for personal reasons was Molyneux though and I have a guilty confession that I still quite like Elland Road!

OldMolineux17.jpg

As a kid that stand at Molineux used to amaze me & tbh it still does.

happy said:
I can't believe that Ayresome Park was actually enjoyed by some people, shit ground, shit town, shit fans and the neanderthals on the Bob End were as big a bunch of window licking mouth breathers as you'd ever want to see.

I've always liked Villa Park, Anfield was great for the noise in the 70's and 80's and so was Roker Park. The Victoria Ground was always a great atmosphere (albeit hate filled) and Trevor Francis' debut remains one of my favourite ever away games, I thought we were going to win the lot that season.

Absolute favourite for personal reasons was Molyneux though and I have a guilty confession that I still quite like Elland Road!

So, so true. I didn't like Roker Park much either, full of neanderthals.

Filbert Street was cramped but usually an enjoyable day. Burnden Park was a shit-heap but we used to take loads there. The Baseball Ground should have been knocked down 100 years before it was.

The Dell was good in a weird sort of way that I can't really describe and the same goes for the Vetch Field at Swansea, I think it was that stand at the far end that cut off sharply about two-thirds of the way across!!

Weirdly - Highfield Road, the Manor Ground, Meadow Lane and Kenilworth Road - had some cracking days out there.

The old Stoke ground as it was my first away game and went there lots subsequently. Baseball ground has got to be the worst I've ever been to in the top flight. And that pitch...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.