Out of closet time......am now vegetarian

rick773 said:
Barcon said:
I have nothing against veggies, both my sisters and my best mates daughter are veggies. I personally have never met a male vegetarian (at least not one that is so in touch with his feminine side as to disclose it to me), but they obviously do exist. Vegans just make me laugh though.

What's feminine about not eating meat?

What's masculine about having someone else kill/torture all your food for you while you turn a blind eye?

SWP's back said:
nimrod said:
SWP's back said:
OK a few things here that need to be said:

1) I do eat meat every day and I would 100% go up against anyone on here, including you, in a game of "who is fitter and healthier".

well thats a load of bollocks for a start, unless youve recently had an angiogram to look inside your hearts arteries and a colonoscopy to examine the inside your bowels, an electrocardiogram to check on the condition of your hearts aortic and mitral valves and a check on any enlargement of the heart or thickening of the walls, liver function tests and various other x-rays and procedures such as regular tests for Hemoglobin, Fibrinogen, Prostate-Specific Antigen you cannot possibly say you are healthier than 'anyone on here'

;)
I have recently had a colonoscopy yes and I was told my bowel was in perfect health. And whilst it was not pleasant, it was far better than the cystoscopies I have had.

I don't know what an angiogram is but last month I had an echocardiogram (an electrocardiagram would have been no use in determining wall thickness or the condition of the aortic or mitrial valves) where they scanned my heart (and I could see it on the screen like a baby scan) and was told I had the heart of an athlete, so much so, that if I wasn't training so much they'd have been worried that I had a hypertrophic cardiomyopapthy such was the (healthy) thickness of my heart's walls.

Not had any of the other things but I am competing in Tough Mudder in October if you want to race?

Either my point stands that one can eat meat every day and still be as healthy as someone only eating meat twice a week, a point bemble agreed with :)

bring your self lovin' ass to Idaho and I bet you can't keep up with me hikin' in the mountains...you must beat off to pictures of yourself

idahoblues said:
SWP's back said:
nimrod said:
well thats a load of bollocks for a start, unless youve recently had an angiogram to look inside your hearts arteries and a colonoscopy to examine the inside your bowels, an electrocardiogram to check on the condition of your hearts aortic and mitral valves and a check on any enlargement of the heart or thickening of the walls, liver function tests and various other x-rays and procedures such as regular tests for Hemoglobin, Fibrinogen, Prostate-Specific Antigen you cannot possibly say you are healthier than 'anyone on here'

;)
I have recently had a colonoscopy yes and I was told my bowel was in perfect health. And whilst it was not pleasant, it was far better than the cystoscopies I have had.

I don't know what an angiogram is but last month I had an echocardiogram (an electrocardiagram would have been no use in determining wall thickness or the condition of the aortic or mitrial valves) where they scanned my heart (and I could see it on the screen like a baby scan) and was told I had the heart of an athlete, so much so, that if I wasn't training so much they'd have been worried that I had a hypertrophic cardiomyopapthy such was the (healthy) thickness of my heart's walls.

Not had any of the other things but I am competing in Tough Mudder in October if you want to race?

Either my point stands that one can eat meat every day and still be as healthy as someone only eating meat twice a week, a point bemble agreed with :)

bring your self lovin' ass to Idaho and I bet you can't keep up with me hikin' in the mountains...you must beat off to pictures of yourself

watch out chuck norris is all i can say :)

no meat chilli..

put 300g of Quorn mince in a big frypan with a splash or two or three of Olive oil some chilli powder to taste, garlic (fresh or minced) lemon juice & sliced mushrooms

Separately chop up some carrots, green beans, Red or green peppers, onions, celery and cook them (I use a steamer in the microwave)

cook the quorn and add 1 large jar of tomato paste and half a cup of red wine, simmer for 5 mins, then add the veggies into the frypan together with frozen corn and red kidney beans and stirring well, add more wine or lemon juice if its too dry..

salt & pepper to taste

serve with rice and a dollop of sour cream

Lovely !!

jimmmy_L said:
rick773 said:
Barcon said:
I have nothing against veggies, both my sisters and my best mates daughter are veggies. I personally have never met a male vegetarian (at least not one that is so in touch with his feminine side as to disclose it to me), but they obviously do exist. Vegans just make me laugh though.

What's feminine about not eating meat?

What's masculine about having someone else kill/torture all your food for you while you turn a blind eye?

Either of you two wanna go camping?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.