Outlook "rules"

Vic

I suddenly started getting loads of spam (gambling, astrology, investment) in Junk Mail so I created a rule to delete messages with the words info@in or info@rdl. Those messages are still getting through to Junk, but all my other messages are going to Delete! Any advice before I just delete all the rules I set and hope that means my proper email goes to Inbox?

I suddenly started getting loads of spam (gambling, astrology, investment) in Junk Mail so I created a rule to delete messages with the words info@in or info@rdl. Those messages are still getting through to Junk, but all my other messages are going to Delete! Any advice before I just delete all the rules I set and hope that means my proper email goes to Inbox?
I would scrap them and start again as no one can see exactly what you've got right now. We have to use Outlook for the customer queries and I find it a pain in the backside.

I've set (lots) of rules for the various scam and phishing emails we get to first, mark the email as read, and then to mark as junk (use the full email address rather than wildcards). That way we can at least see what hasn't been read and dealt with if it gets wrongly misdirected.

Fighting a loosing battle I’ve tried all sorts of ideas and apps but ultimately email is broken the scammers and junk mailers have won
Let them go to junk it will clean up every so often anyhow

I always use a separate laptop for looking at filth, and also a separate email and it seems to work
From what you are saying it sounds like you may have been googling gilf squirters?

Fighting a loosing battle I’ve tried all sorts of ideas and apps but ultimately email is broken the scammers and junk mailers have won
Let them go to junk it will clean up every so often anyhow
The problem with that is if you have a lot of unread junk you can miss something that has been misdirected. Outlook seems to have a lot of misdirected mail in my experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.