Over reliant on Tevez?

Burtonblue

Pundits and press alike keep coming up with this as an excuse for City not being candidates for winning the league.

Personally I don't buy this.

I would argue that without him in the side we play more as a team. Silva seems to be able to run the game better as Tevez, when he plays, comes to look for the ball deep in midfield where Silva weaves his magic.

Tevez also tends to hog the ball and has most of the efforts on goal which I guess is why he is our top scorer.

Contrary to the so called experts I do not think we are a one man team anymore.

Any thoughts?

Facts are we've won the same amount of games without him in the side as in the side. Its the media propaganda agenda! say it often enough even some off our own fans start to believe it! Like you we actually play more fluidly when he's not in the side.

weve just won 4-0 without him, as I reminded a rag mate of mine who said we wouldnt beat villa and we rely on tevez to much,

I think we are improving in many ways and one of those is reducing our reliance on Tevez. It's not just been about when he plays / doesn't play but sometimes having a balanced team effort rather than one man against the world.
I really appreciate what Carlos brings but am far more optimistic about the future after recent TEAM displays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.