Overcrowding on trams from Etihad

I got on the train at Ashbury to Guide Bridge after the Liverpool game, and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. People crushing each other against the walls. Absolutely horrible. It's strange as the ground is situated in a very good area, yet the transport available is pretty shocking.

I got on the train at Ashbury to Guide Bridge after the Liverpool game, and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. People crushing each other against the walls. Absolutely horrible. It's strange as the ground is situated in a very good area, yet the transport available is pretty shocking.
I was looking on google maps, and I see that the spot were Park station was, is as near or maybe even closer to the stadium as Ashbury, yet this station was closed down in 1995 ! So maybe the people that run transport in Manchester should look at reopening this station, even if it's only on match days .

You can get a metro/any bus ticket for £6.70 which you can use all day and can prove to be good value.You can also get a Bus/train one and i think a Bus/Train/Metro one.

I was looking on google maps, and I see that the spot were Park station was, is as near or maybe even closer to the stadium as Ashbury, yet this station was closed down in 1995 ! So maybe the people that run transport in Manchester should look at reopening this station, even if it's only on match days .
I've been told the line is a freight line rather than a passenger line. - Not sure what difference that really makes.
They considered re-opening Park station for the Commonwealth Games but the cost of getting it up to standard was too high. Also, I think the platforms were far too narrow which is one of the reasons Ahsburys has never been advertised for use on a match day.

If I'm on the tram I'll either go for a couple of pints after the match or walk into town, I'd never consider queuing for 45+ mins to get on as leaving early isn't an option.

Metrolink really should have a wall of trams to take fans into the City centre or Ashton after the game. It's never 'rush hour' on the system when we kick out so rolling stock must be available.

Working for a sister company who own the trams and having dealt with their senior management I can say they will keep it as a minimum service requirement unless someone else pays for extra.

I would rather walk to the game and to town after its a nightmare , bigger trams needed

All these problems are down to many, many years of under-investment in public transport, and there is no quick and easy solution. Want to pay more taxes and higher fares so that improvements can be accelerated? Thought not.

City desperately need their own heavy rail station. Problem is it would cost millions to build, and they'd probably then say there was a shortage of stock to provide trains. The days of the railways having sidings stuffed full of rarely-used carriages are long gone.

Bus re-regulation might help a bit, but I wouldn't put my life savings on it. We shall see when it happens.

Honestly If you don't leave 10 minutes before the game just walk to town. Unless you are on the first two buses to leave you will easily beat the buses/trams back to town.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.