Overcrowding on trams from Etihad

Gorton Gruff

Very worried about dangerous overcrowding on trams to Ashton - Metrolink provide little information and usually only run single trams. Appalling service post match. Though Metrolink station staff are very friendly and patient they are not provided with information from Control room.

Has anyone else experienced problems?

Complaints to 0161 205 2000

Twitter: @MCRMetrolink

I commute on it every day and can sum it up in one word RUBBISH.

I drive to City games .
But United have the same problem when I went to Old Trafford in October .

Getting back after the Southampton game was the worst so far this season. The first three trams to come along were each single units only.
I clocked this,all the health & safety bollocks we have these days over trivial shit yet this is allowed to happen,it was downright fuckin dangerous,incredible how they get away with it...

I've complained to the metrolink hierachy countless times over the"single tram scenario" directly after each match!1 steward even suggested leaving my son to get a tram on his own (to avoid being crushed@he was13@the time)after a champions lge match,surely it can't be that hard to line-up waiting trams 1at the stadium"double car"at the end of the game,1double tram waitin @"holt town&another1@ new islington ,they wouldn't be affecting traffic on the road around the stadium,especially at night matches?they know how many people have purchased tkts to travel from Ashton/audenshaw/droylsden in a 2hr prematch slot to the stadium etc!! I would estimate you could fit300 people safely on a double tram ,so3 double trams would be adequate to get the Ashton bound people home safely&i,m sure people wouldn't mind waitin2/4 minutes for a tram to come from holt town once the stadium tram had left the platform&vice versa for the new islington tram to move on towards the stadium via radio control from a supervisor on the stadium platform??? It ain't rocket science is it ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.