own up, who wrote it

Stephen Ireland worth a place in the team, but not 1st choice.
Perhaps the writer has not seen many games, especially all the
ones where he has been Man of the Match, by a long way.

bobmcfc said:
http://www.footballclubsblog.com/2009/01/07/an-open-letter-to-sheikh-mansour-bin-zayed-al-nahyan.html

January 7, 2009
An Open letter to Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan

Dear Sheikh

This is to inform you that if you are seriously thinking of turning Manchester City into 1 of the best club sides in the world then I am afraid that you are going about things completely the wrong way.

There has been a lot of talk by people associated with yourself that you are looking to get the best players in the world to City like Kaka, Lionel Messi, Fernando Torres, Sergio “Kun” Aguero, Cristiano Ronaldo etc.

I do not know how extensive your football knowledge is but the 1 thing I do know is that there is not a chance in hell of you getting these players if a foundation at Manchester City is not built first as all I can see them doing right now is being a laughing stock to all the world round because of their new found wealth.

I have just read that you are the richest personality in football; at the young age of 38, you are allegedly worth £15b. Now in the economic situation that the rest of the world finds itself in, that is a lot of money for 1 country, let alone an individual.

But if you do not mind me saying this, just because you are rich it does not mean that you should just be throwing away money like confetti as I cannot think of any sane reason why you would spend ₤12m on such an ordinary player like Wayne Bridge and to make matters worse it is reported that he is earning £90,000 a week.

Other reports have stated that Scott Parker is being offered £100,000 a week to leave Manchester City. With all due respect sir, I can name 100 players on the top of my head that are far better than Parker and not on that kind of wages.

I am not going to suggest to you who to buy on these pages as that kind of thing should be done privately but I can tell you where your current team is lacking.

Let me start with the manager, I think Mark Hughes is a good manager as he showed most prominently when he was in charge of the Wales national team as I thought he did a remarkable job there.

I think as Blackburn manager, his achievements were slightly overrated as it was always reported that his team played good football but I did not think their football was as good as it was under Graeme Souness and he is hardly a good manager.

I am not 100% convinced that Hughes is the man for you if you want to be the best team in the world but for now, he is not a bad choice.

Now to the team itself, the goalkeeper Joey Hart, I am not very convinced about to be honest as there are better choices out there even if he is not all bad and the fact that he is young and English could be construed as plus points in his favor.

As for the defense, well there are big problems there both collectively and as individuals. For 1 Micah Richards should be moved to right back as he is not the best central defender in the world because he lacks awareness and seems to react all the time with his pace but does not anticipate. Pablo Zabaleta is not a bad second choice to have in the squad though.

Richard Dunne is a spent force as a centre back and the club it seems is becoming too big for his limited talents. I am not sure what Michael Ball is doing in the premiership and though I have already stated my reservations on Wayne Bridge, he is a much better bet but not if you want this club to be challenging for league titles.

Javier Garrido and Tal Ben Haim are not good enough for a team that is looking to dominate the premiership for years to come.

In the midfield Stephen Ireland is worthy of a run in the team, perhaps not always as 1st choice but certainly should be part of the squad. Michael Johnson is a good prospect but if he continues to be injury-prone then he should be shipped out.

Gelson Fernandes and Kelvin Etuhu are not good enough for an ambitious club like this; Dietmar Hamann is way past it, Elano needs to sort out his problems with consistency because he could be useful when he is firing on all cylinders.

Shawn Wright Phillips, Martin Petrov and Vincent Kompany are very good players deserving of being part of the squad as well as first team members.

In attack Darius Vassell is no where near good enough; Valeri Bojinov is overrated in my opinion, Jo has not proved that he is good enough at this level yet but I would not totally discount him, Ched Evans does not belong in a squad looking for the big trophies.

Robinho is the only person in the whole squad of the highest pedigree; Daniel Sturridge has huge potential and should be kept on board; Benjani is a great worker but a lousy goalscorer and though cannot be always relied on for goals, his work rate is good enough for him to be kept while Felipe Caicedo is a bit of an unknown as he looks big and strong with an eye for goal and should also be kept in the meantime.

I would be very grateful if you can reply this letter to let me know if you would be interested in making City into a much better club without wasting money on average players and giving them outrageous salaries that other clubs with much better players cannot match.

Yours sincerely
Editor

Well for starters the writer is obviously a idiot:

1. It's not Joey Hart.... It's Joe Hart
2. It's not favor....... It's favour
3. It's not defense....... It's defence
4. It's not Shawn Wright Phillips........ It's Shaun Wright Phillips
5. Well educated people don't write stuff like for 1..... We put for one!

It is for these reasons alone that if Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan did ever read this letter, he would probably laugh as no one would talk such a poorly written letter seriously.

Taylor said:
bobmcfc said:
http://www.footballclubsblog.com/2009/01/07/an-open-letter-to-sheikh-mansour-bin-zayed-al-nahyan.html

January 7, 2009

Dear Sheikh

This is to inform you that if you are seriously thinking of turning Manchester City into 1 of the best club sides in the world then I am afraid that you are going about things completely the wrong way.

There has been a lot of talk by people associated with yourself that you are looking to get the best players in the world to City like Kaka, Lionel Messi, Fernando Torres, Sergio “Kun” Aguero, Cristiano Ronaldo etc.

I do not know how extensive your football knowledge is but the 1 thing I do know is that there is not a chance in hell of you getting these players if a foundation at Manchester City is not built first as all I can see them doing right now is being a laughing stock to all the world round because of their new found wealth.

I have just read that you are the richest personality in football; at the young age of 38, you are allegedly worth £15b. Now in the economic situation that the rest of the world finds itself in, that is a lot of money for 1 country, let alone an individual.

But if you do not mind me saying this, just because you are rich it does not mean that you should just be throwing away money like confetti as I cannot think of any sane reason why you would spend ₤12m on such an ordinary player like Wayne Bridge and to make matters worse it is reported that he is earning £90,000 a week.

Other reports have stated that Scott Parker is being offered £100,000 a week to leave Manchester City. With all due respect sir, I can name 100 players on the top of my head that are far better than Parker and not on that kind of wages.

I am not going to suggest to you who to buy on these pages as that kind of thing should be done privately but I can tell you where your current team is lacking.

Let me start with the manager, I think Mark Hughes is a good manager as he showed most prominently when he was in charge of the Wales national team as I thought he did a remarkable job there.

I think as Blackburn manager, his achievements were slightly overrated as it was always reported that his team played good football but I did not think their football was as good as it was under Graeme Souness and he is hardly a good manager.

I am not 100% convinced that Hughes is the man for you if you want to be the best team in the world but for now, he is not a bad choice.

Now to the team itself, the goalkeeper Joey Hart, I am not very convinced about to be honest as there are better choices out there even if he is not all bad and the fact that he is young and English could be construed as plus points in his favor.

As for the defense, well there are big problems there both collectively and as individuals. For 1 Micah Richards should be moved to right back as he is not the best central defender in the world because he lacks awareness and seems to react all the time with his pace but does not anticipate. Pablo Zabaleta is not a bad second choice to have in the squad though.

Richard Dunne is a spent force as a centre back and the club it seems is becoming too big for his limited talents. I am not sure what Michael Ball is doing in the premiership and though I have already stated my reservations on Wayne Bridge, he is a much better bet but not if you want this club to be challenging for league titles.

Javier Garrido and Tal Ben Haim are not good enough for a team that is looking to dominate the premiership for years to come.

In the midfield Stephen Ireland is worthy of a run in the team, perhaps not always as 1st choice but certainly should be part of the squad. Michael Johnson is a good prospect but if he continues to be injury-prone then he should be shipped out.

Gelson Fernandes and Kelvin Etuhu are not good enough for an ambitious club like this; Dietmar Hamann is way past it, Elano needs to sort out his problems with consistency because he could be useful when he is firing on all cylinders.

Shawn Wright Phillips, Martin Petrov and Vincent Kompany are very good players deserving of being part of the squad as well as first team members.

In attack Darius Vassell is no where near good enough; Valeri Bojinov is overrated in my opinion, Jo has not proved that he is good enough at this level yet but I would not totally discount him, Ched Evans does not belong in a squad looking for the big trophies.

Robinho is the only person in the whole squad of the highest pedigree; Daniel Sturridge has huge potential and should be kept on board; Benjani is a great worker but a lousy goalscorer and though cannot be always relied on for goals, his work rate is good enough for him to be kept while Felipe Caicedo is a bit of an unknown as he looks big and strong with an eye for goal and should also be kept in the meantime.

I would be very grateful if you can reply this letter to let me know if you would be interested in making City into a much better club without wasting money on average players and giving them outrageous salaries that other clubs with much better players cannot match.

Yours sincerely
Editor

It is for these reasons alone that if Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan did ever read this letter, he would probably laugh as no one would talk such a poorly written letter seriously.

its not 1....its one

marco said:
Taylor said:
bobmcfc said:

January 7, 2009

Dear Sheikh

Yours sincerely
Editor

its not 1....its one

That's the one.... Marco has just ruled himself out! test passed lol :P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.